New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Elizabeth Njema

Microbiology

No Description
24 items · Last updated Saturday 9th May 2015
Preview

VIRUS INFECTIONS

MECHANISMS OF VIRAL PATHOGENICITY A CLINICALLY BIASED ACCOUNT OF COMMON PATHOGENIC VIRUSES THERAPY OF VIRAL INFECTIONS  
Philip Welsby
over 9 years ago
Preview

Fungal Infections

A note to summaries fungal infections  
Philip Welsby
over 9 years ago
Preview

M. tuberculosis

This is a project I did for a PBL session. I wanted to explain the ways in which the tuberculosis bacterium infects the body and causes symptoms in an interesting and fun way. I have dyslexia and a visual learner and I find that I take in information more effectively when diagrams or pictures are used. I’m also a huge fan of comic book which is why I chose to use this as a medium to present this information. This comic illustrates M.Tuberculosis’s journey through the body and his battle with the host immune system.  
Rosanna Baker-Wilding
over 9 years ago
Preview

Microbiology - bacteria, fungi, yeasts and viruses

I made this Powerpoint presentation a while ago to help me learn/revise this topic.  
Sarah Watson
almost 9 years ago
Preview 300x225

Immune Response Summary Diagram

This is a diagram I created to summarise the immune response, complete with friendly, loveable cartoon immune cells designed in an attempt to make what can be a very complicated and confusing subject seem a little less threatening. The students I taught the subject to loved the "cute" summary format and found immunology to be a much more approachable revision topic as a result! Since this image has been so popular with all you lovely people, I have also written a comprehensive article on the immune response - complete with lots of illustrations - which is available here on Geeky Medics: http://geekymedics.com/2014/07/02/immune-response/ Enjoy and good luck!  
Miss Laura Jayne Watson
over 8 years ago
Preview

Gram negative bacilli

GRAM  –ve  Bacteria:  BACILLI     ENTEROBACTERIACEAE  ‘Coliforms’   BACTERIA   Salmonella   Escherichia   Campylobacter   S.enterica  …  
Sarah West
over 7 years ago
Preview

Gram positive bacilli

GRAM  +ve  Bacteria:  BACILLI     SPORE  FORMERS   NON-­‐SPORE  FORMERS   BACTERIA   Clostridium   Bacillis   Listeria   Erysipeloth…  
Sarah West
over 7 years ago
Preview 300x220

Bacteria Mind Map

Julia Marr
over 6 years ago
Preview

Antibiotics: The Types and Effects

Perfect for premed, college, medical and nursing students.  
Nicole Chalmers
over 6 years ago
2712bd31819474953b042924a9f5e8832c2ccb0e28733138521715096

Mechanisms and Classification of Antibiotics

A summary of the mechanisms and classification of antibiotics, with particular focus on penicillins, cephalosporins, carbapenems, quinolones, and aminoglycosides.  
Nicole Chalmers
over 6 years ago
Preview

Antibiotics Mechanisms of Action Tutorial

My name is Armando! I am not a doctor or professor, I am a student. I make these videos cause I enjoy art and science. I hope you enjoy them!  
Nicole Chalmers
over 6 years ago
Preview 300x212

E. Coli Mind Map

A mind map for E. coli emphasizing virulence factors and the diseases it causes.  
Ryan Matthews
over 6 years ago
Preview

Pathogen Table

Pathogen Disease Caused/Symptoms Diagnosis Treatment F U N G I Filamentous Fungi Microsporum Canis, Trichophyton Rubum, Epidermophyton Floccosum Infects kerati…  
Lizzie Sykes
over 6 years ago
Preview 300x212

Virus Mind Map

A simple mind map to organize the DNA and RNA viruses into similar groups for easier memorization.  
Ryan Matthews
over 6 years ago
Preview

Every bug, its presentation, virulence, and treatment (NOW AMENDABLE)

**** https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eiZPODEIzH2uZxMMaLlGgGvTvxeA-QtMX8JaOfFbD0g/edit?usp=sharing **** Hey guys, So many of you have added this excel sheet to your board, but apparently haven't been able to amend, cut, paste, or embellish any of its contents. Therefore, I've created the following Google Drive link: **** https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eiZPODEIzH2uZxMMaLlGgGvTvxeA-QtMX8JaOfFbD0g/edit?usp=sharing **** This should allow you to not only see the document in its full glory, but to help me make it extra awesome. I would love it if you all contributed something in order to make this a living, breathing microbiological masterpiece. Thanks and happy studying! Brian **** https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eiZPODEIzH2uZxMMaLlGgGvTvxeA-QtMX8JaOfFbD0g/edit?usp=sharing ****  
Brian Cox
over 6 years ago
Preview

Gram Positive Bacteria

Infographic showing Classification of Gram Positive Bacteria  
almostadoctor.com - free medical student revision notes
over 6 years ago
Malaria

Malaria

almostadoctor.com - free medical student revision notes
over 6 years ago
700xnxschistomiasis.png.pagespeed.ic.nnv1aslvpp