New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by jessica

Isce revision

No Description
48 items · Last updated Thursday 4th June 2015

Cystic fibrosis

This podcast tutorial on cystic fibrosis gives an overview of the disease including presentation and diagnosis.  
Mr Raymond Buick
over 11 years ago
Preview

Back Pain

A short presentation looking at the epidemiology, pathology and treatment of back pain.  
James Harper
about 11 years ago
Preview

Motor Neuron Signs

This Song Helps to Distinguish between Upper and Lower Motor Neuron Signs.  
Hugh2 Gifford2
about 11 years ago
Preview

Aortic Stenosis

Tutorial summarising Aortic Stenosis  
Dr Alastair Buick
about 11 years ago

Ischaemic heart disease

In this discussion-based podcast we discuss the aetiology and manifestations of ischaemic heart disease. Specifically, we discuss: * The process of atherosclerosis * Atherosclerotic risk factors * Clinical manifestations - stable angina and the acute coronary syndrome.  
Podmedics
over 10 years ago

Heart Failure

This is a podcast on the Clinical Pharmacology that is relevant to the treatment of cardiac failure. In this podcast we shall be covering the therapeutics of: * Acute/Decompensated cardiac failure * Chronic cardiac failure Once again we shall be using this as a means to discuss certain drugs, here ACE-inhibitors, ARBs, beta-blockers, spironolactone and digoxin.  
Podmedics
over 10 years ago
Preview

Psych Revision

Psychiatry Revision Paul Baillie  
Paul Baillie
about 10 years ago
Preview

Overview of Antidepressants

An overview of the 3 main antidepressants: 1. SSRIs 2. TCAs 3. MAOIs  
Sarah Wagstaffe
over 9 years ago
Preview

OSCE Examination Guide

Concise but comprehensive guides to the 17 most important clinical examinations. These notes are very useful for OSCE revision, but also more generally for work on the wards.  
Tom Stoker
almost 9 years ago

Neuro Drugs

A little video to help with remembering all of those difficult neuro drugs.  
Yasin Fatine
almost 9 years ago
Preview

Headaches at a Glance - Usman Ahmed

Teaching resource designed for Peninsula Medical School Students, who sit an exam called the AMK. This exam is an MCQ based exam and covers a number of clinical scenarios. This booklet specifically looks at the common causes of headaches.  
Usman Ahmed
almost 9 years ago
Preview 300x212

Antibiotics Summary

During our antibiotics teaching at medical school we were told that a recent survey of junior doctors had revealed that a significant proportion didn't realise that augmentin, tazocin, and carbopenems were penicillins and as such should not be given to those with known allergies. I devised a "mind-map" summarising the main antibiotics in use using information from the BNF and my own lecture notes. For me, seeing the information laid out in this manner, pinned above my desk as I work, helps me remember the major classes, their relationships with one another, and their major side-effects.  
bethan goulden
over 8 years ago

Stroke tutorial

This is a tutorial about the recognition, presentation, pathophysiology and management of stroke.  
Dr Alastair Buick
over 8 years ago

The Basics of Renal failure

Video tutorial on the basics of renal failure.  
Podmedics
over 8 years ago
Preview

History Taking for OSCEs

Aimed at those in clinical years. The presentation goes through how to maximize the use of the Calgary-Cambridge Framework, do a comprehensive systems review, and come up with differentials using two surgical sieves.  
Clarissa Gurbani
almost 8 years ago
Preview

Haematological Malignancies Slideshow

Get a brief overview of the haematological system - covering Leukaemias, Lymphomas, Myelomas and other paraproteinaemias.  
Oscar Swift
over 7 years ago
Img0

Acute back pain Presentation

An overview of clinical back pain, looking at common aetiology and methods of avoiding reinjury.  
Thomas Lemon
over 7 years ago