New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Anouk

médecine interne

No Description
13 items · Last updated Monday 30th November 2015
Preview 300x212

Arterial Blood Gas Interpretation Made Easy

This poster offers a basic level of understanding of ABGs for medical students. I have also made an ID-card-sized version which can be easily used on the ward. Students can work around the table, looking at pH, then CO2 and then HCO3- and find the answer in the correct box.  
Jessi Muchmore
over 8 years ago
Preview 300x425

Immune System Flowchart

This has been designed to show how the different components of the immune system develop individually and work together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this and was surprised to find that there wasn’t anything suitable on the internet that linked both the innate and adaptive systems. I know the diagram looks a bit dry but if you spend 5 minutes reading through it, I hope you'll find it useful. I'll hopefully add some images to make it more appealing at a later date. The flowchart is based on information from lectures and several textbooks and has proven to be an excellent tool for revision and in developing a foundational understanding of the immune system for many students.  
Jon Curtis
about 8 years ago
Preview 300x225

Examining Visual Fields for a Clinical Exam

Guide to testing visual fields during a clinical exam by the clinical skills tutors at the University of Liverpool  
Mary
almost 8 years ago
Preview

Auto-antibodies

I got so confused with ANCA and antidsDNA and all the other jumbled letters I came across in rheumatology! So I made a list of which antibodies are associated with which conditions. Hope it helps.  
Paula Finnegan
over 7 years ago
Preview 300x212

Hormone Map

Hormone Map schematic. Looks a bit over whelming at first and may require some color coding by you for mechanisms of action (Gq, cAMP, IP3/DAG, etc..), but proved useful for Exam time.  
Andre Freire
over 6 years ago
Preview 300x213

Cranial nerves mnemonic

A nice visual mnemonic to recall the cranial nerves and their foramen.  
Waleed Tariq
over 6 years ago
Preview 300x419

Causes of Acute Abdomen

Picture showing different causes of abdominal pain in the areas which they tend to affect. (note: some of the causes in the Left and right iliac fossa can affect both sides although they are only drawn in one!) http://leadonpaper.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/the-acute-abdomen.html#more  
Caren Chu
over 6 years ago
Preview 300x232

OSCE Gastrointestinal examination

Thorough flowchart for carrying out a full examination of the gastrointestinal system - should come in very handy for OSCEs!  
Julia Marr
over 6 years ago
Endocrinehormones12

Common Endocrine Hormones

Great flow chart!  
2.bp.blogspot.com
almost 5 years ago
B6d46dc50cd5ee301b6d5ebfe7ac86d65b48369e021912520063858576

Dysrhythmias and Contraction of the Heart

This useful chart includes dysrhythmias originating in the sinus node and atria.  
Nicole Chalmers
almost 5 years ago
Preview

Coagulation Cascade Animation | The Physiology of Hemostasis

Check out this video on the physiological process of hemostasis including platelet plug formation and about the intrinsic and extrinsic pathways.  
youtube.com
almost 5 years ago