New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Kate Tunstill

Notes

No Description
57 items · Last updated Monday 31st August 2015

Abdominal Ultrasound tutorial

A tutorial about how to read an abdominal ultrasound video. Produced to give medical students just a better idea of what to expect.  
Dr Alastair Buick
over 13 years ago
Preview

Motor Neuron Signs

This Song Helps to Distinguish between Upper and Lower Motor Neuron Signs.  
Hugh2 Gifford2
about 13 years ago
Preview

Stroke Podcast

A podcast outlining the basic principles, pathophysiology, risk factors and management of stroke.  
Dr Alastair Buick
about 13 years ago

Stroke Summary

Tutorial summarising stroke definition, presentation and pathophysiology, and management.  
Jon Philtron
about 13 years ago

Heart Failure

This is a podcast on the Clinical Pharmacology that is relevant to the treatment of cardiac failure. In this podcast we shall be covering the therapeutics of: * Acute/Decompensated cardiac failure * Chronic cardiac failure Once again we shall be using this as a means to discuss certain drugs, here ACE-inhibitors, ARBs, beta-blockers, spironolactone and digoxin.  
Podmedics
over 12 years ago
Preview

Psych Revision

Psychiatry Revision Paul Baillie  
Paul Baillie
about 12 years ago

Acute Renal Failure

Acute renal failure is a dreaded complication in the ICU.  This podcast will review the various types of acute renal failure, the etiology, as well as acute management.  
Jeffrey S. Guy, MD, FACS
over 11 years ago

Introduction to the NeuroLogic Exam Videos and Descriptions

This video outlines the Window to the Brain video, "x", "y" Graph video, "y" Values video, "x" Values video, Longitudinal Systems video, Corticospinal Tracts video, Somatosensory Tracts video, Mental Status Exam video, Cranial Nerve Exam video, Coordination Exam video Sensory Exam video, Motor Exam video Gait Exam video, Overview video Movies drawn from the Neurologic Exam and PediNeurologic Exam websites are used by permission of Paul D. Larsen, M.D., University of Nebraska Medical Center and Suzanne S. Stensaas, Ph.D., University of Utah School of Medicine. Additional materials for Neurologic Exam are drawn from resources provided by Alejandro Stern, Stern Foundation, Buenos Aires, Argentina; Kathleen Digre, M.D., University of Utah; and Daniel Jacobson, M.D., Marshfield Clinic, Wisconsin. Subsequent re-use of any materials outside of this program, presentation, or website requires permission from the original producers.  
Neurologic Exam
over 11 years ago
Preview

Renal Physiology and Failure

Overview of renal physiological processes and acute kidney injury.  
Andrew Ferguson
almost 11 years ago
Preview 300x212

Antibiotics Summary

During our antibiotics teaching at medical school we were told that a recent survey of junior doctors had revealed that a significant proportion didn't realise that augmentin, tazocin, and carbopenems were penicillins and as such should not be given to those with known allergies. I devised a "mind-map" summarising the main antibiotics in use using information from the BNF and my own lecture notes. For me, seeing the information laid out in this manner, pinned above my desk as I work, helps me remember the major classes, their relationships with one another, and their major side-effects.  
bethan goulden
over 10 years ago
Preview

A Student's Guide to ECG Interpretation

This guide aims to provide a systematic way with which to interpret and present ECGs. Core topics in the medical school curriculum are covered.  
Richard McKearney
over 10 years ago

Cardiovascular Examination OSCE guide

This is a guide to performing a cardiovascular examination in the context of an OSCE exam. It was created by a group of medical students for the free revision website www.geekymedics.com where you can find a written guide to accompany the video. The way in which this examination is carried out varies greatly between individuals & institutions therefore this should be used as a rough framework which you can personalise to suit your own style.  
Lewis Potter
over 10 years ago
Img 000

The handy guide to anaemia

The handy guide comprises a series of 5 short videos explaining different aspects of anaemia. The videos show my hands displaying cardboard cut outs of pictures I drew to explain the story of anaemia, an idea which I thought might make the information more memorable for students.  
kate mccormick
over 10 years ago

Stroke tutorial

This is a tutorial about the recognition, presentation, pathophysiology and management of stroke.  
Dr Alastair Buick
over 10 years ago

Heart Murmurs

A video tutorial outlining heart murmurs. These include example murmurs with an explanation of clinical features. This tutorial covers common and some rare murmurs.  
Podmedics
over 10 years ago

The Basics of Renal failure

Video tutorial on the basics of renal failure.  
Podmedics
over 10 years ago
Preview 300x212

Arterial Blood Gas Interpretation Made Easy

This poster offers a basic level of understanding of ABGs for medical students. I have also made an ID-card-sized version which can be easily used on the ward. Students can work around the table, looking at pH, then CO2 and then HCO3- and find the answer in the correct box.  
Jessi Muchmore
over 9 years ago
Preview

A medical student guide to Red Eye

This booklet was developed as a part of Special Study Unit (Doctors as Teachers) at Peninsula Medical School. This booklet covers some of the important aspects of Ophthalmology. This booklet could be used as a quick revision guide before finals and also could be used along Ophthalmology placements. The purpose of this booklet is to provide some insight into the most common presentations of red eye and their management.  
Nirosa Vicneswararajah
over 9 years ago