New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Yasmin Booth

Palliative

No Description
5 items · Last updated Thursday 10th September 2015
Preview

Prescribing for pain in palliative care

Short powerpoint and example cases for simple pain prescribing in palliative care  
Katie Dumble
over 10 years ago
Preview

Improve end-of-life care for all, say MPs - BBC News

Social care should be free to everyone at the end of life, says a report by MPs which also calls for better recording of what people want in their final days.  
BBC News
over 4 years ago
Preview

End of Life and palliative care: Thinking about the words we use

Messages for practice 1. When speaking to a person who is dying or their relatives, understand the impact of the terms used 2. Where possible, try to explain...  
youtube.com
about 4 years ago
Preview

Children's end-of-life care 'needs attention', a report says - BBC News

Children's palliative care in Wales needs more "strategic attention" by ministers and the NHS, a new report says.  
bbc.co.uk
about 4 years ago

Is anyone else having problems bathing? – UPDATE

I have now tested Nilaqua in the ward, we are testing the shampoo and body wash. I knew one of my patients family were visiting so I decided it would be a good time to test the product. I used the shampoo on Jean, as I said in my previous post it is really easy to use and leaves the hair soft and clean, removing any signs of grease and dirt. Jean was very pleased and said that it felt and smelt nice. I hadn't used the body wash before but again, it was very easy to use, much easier than bed bathing, I didn't have to change any sheets after use and it saves a lot of time. This meant that I had more time to wash more patients and give a few of them the luxury of a hair wash. The body wash uses the same method as the shampoo – apply, massage into the skin until soapy and towel away the liquid with that off comes the dirt and odours. It works really well and is definitely cost effective whilst giving high quality care that this people deserve.  
Yasmin Booth
about 4 years ago