New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Haya Mardahayev

internal

No Description
13 items · Last updated Wednesday 3rd April 2019
Preview

Haemostasis

Revision summary of haemostasis and anti-coagulation.  
Suzie Jones
over 9 years ago
Preview

The Basics of ECG Interpretation

This presentation was given as part of a tutorial to 1st year undergraduates at BSMS in order to outline the basic methods for interpreting an ECG with respect of rate, rhythm and heart block.  
chris pavitt
over 9 years ago
Preview 300x212

Arterial Blood Gas Interpretation Made Easy

This poster offers a basic level of understanding of ABGs for medical students. I have also made an ID-card-sized version which can be easily used on the ward. Students can work around the table, looking at pH, then CO2 and then HCO3- and find the answer in the correct box.  
Jessi Muchmore
over 8 years ago
Preview

Cardiology in a Heartbeat

Slideshow covering the key topics in cardiology  
James Davis
about 8 years ago
Preview

Neurological Disorders

An excellent slideshow!  
Stephen McAleer
over 7 years ago
Preview

Emergencies

A powerpoint covering Emergency Presentations. A lot of this is from the Oxford Handbook of clinical medicine or clinical knowledge summaries. I figure this stuff is something we should be able to rattle it off for clinical finals. I must credit my slide on shock to DrCrunch. Visit his site (drcrunch.co.uk) and follow him on twitter/facebook/youtube. There's a youtube video where he actually talks through the pacman diagram. I felt it was a brilliant way of explaining shock so put it in there! All images are off google.  
Conrad Hayes
over 7 years ago
Preview

ECG Revision Lecture

Year 5 Revision Lecture by Dr. Rick Body Consultant in Emergency Medicine  
YouTube
over 6 years ago
Preview

Glomerulonephritis - Renal Medicine | Fastbleep

Fastbleep offers the opportunity to support a growing social network of healthcare students and educators as they consider patient care, undertake professional development and share knowledge.  
fastbleep.com
over 5 years ago
Preview

Clotting Cascade

HEPARIN affects factor VIII in the INTRINSIC pathway and this is measured using PTT (partial thromboplastin time) WARFARIN affects the vitamin K dependent synthesis of some clotting factors (purple in the image), particularly factor VII in the EXTRINSIC pathway and this is measured using PT (prothombin time) or INR (International Normalized Ratio, which is derived from the PT)  
Sketchy Medicine
over 5 years ago
Preview

CPAP and Non-Invasive Ventilation in 5 minutes

CPAP and non-invasive ventilation: a basic introduction to what it is in 5 minutes  
youtube.com
over 5 years ago
Preview

Mechanical Ventilation Explained Clearly

Understand mechanical ventilation with this clear explanation by Dr. Roger Seheult. Includes a discussion on simplifying the different modes of ventilation (...  
youtube.com
over 5 years ago
20ce04a9edf6422fec29854da22a7db289c3aee15901643818199305

Antiarrhythmic Drugs

Useful refresher flashcard!  
Nicole Chalmers
almost 5 years ago