New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Michelle June

Revision

Revision topics for a the new intern
12 items · Last updated Tuesday 29th December 2015
Preview

Acute Kidney Injury

A quick presentation on Acute Kidney Injury in enough depth for an F1/F2.  
Hamed N.H.Gilani
over 8 years ago
Preview 300x212

Antibiotics Summary

During our antibiotics teaching at medical school we were told that a recent survey of junior doctors had revealed that a significant proportion didn't realise that augmentin, tazocin, and carbopenems were penicillins and as such should not be given to those with known allergies. I devised a "mind-map" summarising the main antibiotics in use using information from the BNF and my own lecture notes. For me, seeing the information laid out in this manner, pinned above my desk as I work, helps me remember the major classes, their relationships with one another, and their major side-effects.  
bethan goulden
over 8 years ago

Hyperkalaemia - Physiological Aspects

This is the first of a two part tutorial on hyperkalaemia. In this section the aspects surrounding potassium metabolism and its clinical significance are discussed. This tutorial can be watched in isolation, however, the second part will cover the clinical aspects of diagnosis and treatment.  
Martin Weller
over 8 years ago

Hyperkalaemia - Clinical Aspects

This second part of a two part tutorial covers the diagnosis and management of hyperkalaemia. This can be watched in isolation or in conjunction with the first part whcih covers the physiological aspects.  
Martin Weller
over 8 years ago
Preview

IV Fluids Guide

A quick guide to IV fluid prescription for adults.  
Aoibhin McGarrity
about 7 years ago
7c22e2d445978f7fb370dcb57c3db47f984b5d1d9093653857890808

Antibiotics Mindmap

A concise mindmap detailing everything you really need to know about antibiotic action!  
Julia Marr
almost 6 years ago
Preview

Medical School - Antibiotics: Carbapenems

Review of carbapenem antibiotics. Follow us on Twitter: iMedSchool Make sure to check out our podcast on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/imedicalschool/id577103998?mt=2 iMedicalSchool is a channel dedicated to helping you understand complex medical topics in a simple manner. We are dedicated to making sure that you understand every topic presented. We are happy to answer question and take suggestions. No matter if you are in medical school, nursing school or physician assistant school we are here to serve you.  
Nicole Chalmers
almost 6 years ago
Preview

Microbiology - Overview

http://www.facebook.com/ArmandoHasudungan  
Nicole Chalmers
almost 6 years ago
Preview

IV Fluid Therapy: Types, Indications & Dose Calculation

All what you need to know intravenous fluids, types, indications, contraindications, how to calculate fluid rate and drug dosages.  
slideshare.net
over 4 years ago
Preview

Bacteria Basics : Microbiology Lectures

Bacteria Basics : Microbiology Lectures In this new video we look at the basics of bacteria. We look at their classifications, sizes, shapes and how they rep...  
youtube.com
over 4 years ago
Preview

Physiology of Insulin and Glucagon

A description of the competing roles of insulin and glycogen, including their effects on glucose homeostasis, and other metabolic hormones (e.g. GLP1, GIP, c...  
youtube.com
about 4 years ago
Preview

Fluids Tutorial

A 75 year old lady weighing 70kg is admitted following a stroke. She has a dense left-sided hemiparesis. The A and E SHO has assessed her and found her to have an unsafe swallow. She is apyrexial and otherwise well. Your registrar asks you to make her ‘nil-by-mouth’ and prescribe maintenance fluids.  
fluidstutorial.com
almost 4 years ago