49 items · Last updated Friday 24th June 2016
Preview

Interstitial and restrictive lung diseases

A synopsis of common interstitial lung diseases  
James Harper
almost 12 years ago
Preview

Connecting routes in the central nervous system

Connecting routes in the central nervous system. This include some neuro anatomy on the brain stem, cranial nerves and peripheral nervous system  
Philip Welsby
over 9 years ago
Preview

OSCE Examination Guide

Concise but comprehensive guides to the 17 most important clinical examinations. These notes are very useful for OSCE revision, but also more generally for work on the wards.  
Tom Stoker
over 9 years ago

Neuro Drugs

A little video to help with remembering all of those difficult neuro drugs.  
Yasin Fatine
over 9 years ago
Preview

Beginners Guide for ECG Interpretation

This resource works through the interpretation of ECGs in a simple and methodical way.  
Kelly
over 9 years ago
Preview 300x212

Antibiotics Summary

During our antibiotics teaching at medical school we were told that a recent survey of junior doctors had revealed that a significant proportion didn't realise that augmentin, tazocin, and carbopenems were penicillins and as such should not be given to those with known allergies. I devised a "mind-map" summarising the main antibiotics in use using information from the BNF and my own lecture notes. For me, seeing the information laid out in this manner, pinned above my desk as I work, helps me remember the major classes, their relationships with one another, and their major side-effects.  
bethan goulden
over 9 years ago

Hyperkalaemia - Physiological Aspects

This is the first of a two part tutorial on hyperkalaemia. In this section the aspects surrounding potassium metabolism and its clinical significance are discussed. This tutorial can be watched in isolation, however, the second part will cover the clinical aspects of diagnosis and treatment.  
Martin Weller
over 9 years ago

Hyperkalaemia - Clinical Aspects

This second part of a two part tutorial covers the diagnosis and management of hyperkalaemia. This can be watched in isolation or in conjunction with the first part whcih covers the physiological aspects.  
Martin Weller
over 9 years ago
Preview

Clinical Skills Guide

This guide contains 30 clinical skills that are essential for every doctor in training. I created this guide when revising for my 3rd year OSCEs, confused by the amount of resources we had to revise for each one! This concise yet comprehensive guide attempts to take into account the various methods to follow for each procedure.  
o m
about 9 years ago

Hyperkalaemia - Part Two (Clinical)

Video tutorial on hyperkalaemia. This is a second part tutorial and covers the aetiology (including medication and mineralocorticoid related causes), diagnosis and treatment.  
Podmedics
almost 9 years ago
Preview 300x212

Arterial Blood Gas Interpretation Made Easy

This poster offers a basic level of understanding of ABGs for medical students. I have also made an ID-card-sized version which can be easily used on the ward. Students can work around the table, looking at pH, then CO2 and then HCO3- and find the answer in the correct box.  
Jessi Muchmore
about 8 years ago
Preview

Respiratory disease symptoms

This document lists the symptoms of all the respiratory disease I came across in the rspiratory module in my first year of medical school.  
Lucy Faulkner
about 8 years ago
Preview 300x212

A brief Guide to the clinical examination

I created this whilst in third year. I have always found it difficult to find a succint guide to the whole examination for the long case...so I created one! It is an easy guide to remembering what to do and why you do it....I hope it can help anyone who needs it  
Howard Chu
about 8 years ago
Preview 300x212

Cranial Nerves - Anatomy, Clinical Signs and Study Tips

This is a teaching resource that aids the student in memorisation of the Cranial Nerves, their anatomical path and function. Additionally, it stimulates a clinical approach to the functions of the Cranial Nerves, with some 'not to be missed' signs.  
Thomas Lemon
about 8 years ago
Preview 300x425

Immune System Flowchart

This has been designed to show how the different components of the immune system develop individually and work together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this and was surprised to find that there wasn’t anything suitable on the internet that linked both the innate and adaptive systems. I know the diagram looks a bit dry but if you spend 5 minutes reading through it, I hope you'll find it useful. I'll hopefully add some images to make it more appealing at a later date. The flowchart is based on information from lectures and several textbooks and has proven to be an excellent tool for revision and in developing a foundational understanding of the immune system for many students.  
Jon Curtis
about 8 years ago
Img0

A Brief Introduction to Neuro Anatomy: The Major Cord (part1)

The Major Cord: A very brief introduction to the anatomy of the spinal cord with points of clinical relevance.  
Lucas Brammar
almost 8 years ago
Preview 300x225

Examining Visual Fields for a Clinical Exam

Guide to testing visual fields during a clinical exam by the clinical skills tutors at the University of Liverpool  
Mary
over 7 years ago
Preview 300x212

Cranial Nerves

A table listing the cranial nerves, their fibre type, attachment, cranial exit, function and method of testing  
Dahlia Abdul-Rahman
over 7 years ago