New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Mehnaj Begum

physiology

No Description
12 items · Last updated Sunday 8th May 2016

Cardiovascular Examination OSCE guide

This is a guide to performing a cardiovascular examination in the context of an OSCE exam. It was created by a group of medical students for the free revision website www.geekymedics.com where you can find a written guide to accompany the video. The way in which this examination is carried out varies greatly between individuals & institutions therefore this should be used as a rough framework which you can personalise to suit your own style.  
Lewis Potter
almost 9 years ago
Img 000

The handy guide to anaemia

The handy guide comprises a series of 5 short videos explaining different aspects of anaemia. The videos show my hands displaying cardboard cut outs of pictures I drew to explain the story of anaemia, an idea which I thought might make the information more memorable for students.  
kate mccormick
almost 9 years ago
Preview

Thyroid Notes

A document covering a selection of topics related to the thyroid  
James Davis
over 7 years ago
Preview 300x212

Basal Ganglia Structure and Pathways

Quick poster I made regarding the pathways that cause and inhibit movement about the basal ganglia! This is my first contribution so hope you find it useful!  
Mahima Charan
almost 7 years ago
Preview

Cranial Nerve Examination - OSCE Guide

The ability to carry out a thorough and slick cranial nerve examination is something every medic needs to master. This video aims to give you an idea of what's required in the OSCE and you can then customise the examination to suit your own personal style. Make sure to head over to http://geekymedics.com/osce/cranial-nerve-exam/ to see the written guide alongside the video. Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/geekymedics Follow us on twitter at http://www.twitter.com/geekymedics Contact us at geekymedics@gmail.com with any questions or feedback. Always refer to your local medical school / hospital guidance before applying any of the steps demonstrated in this video guide.  
OSCE Videos
about 6 years ago
Preview 300x232

OSCE CVS examination

Julia Marr
almost 6 years ago
Preview

Mechanical Ventilation Explained Clearly

Understand mechanical ventilation with this clear explanation by Dr. Roger Seheult. Includes a discussion on simplifying the different modes of ventilation (...  
youtube.com
almost 5 years ago
Endocrinesystemchart+(1)

Endocrine System Chart

Useful chart explaining glands and hormones!  
3.bp.blogspot.com
over 4 years ago
Preview

Overview of the Endocrine Function of the Pituitary Gland

Illustrated tutorial giving an overview of the hormones secreted from the anterior and posterior pituitary gland, and the role played by the hypothalamus.  
youtube.com
over 4 years ago
Preview

The Workings of the Digestive System

Excellent explanations and artwork used to illustrate the workings of the digestive system.  
youtube.com
about 4 years ago
Preview

Thyroid Problems and Disorders

This Pin was discovered by shannon robinette. Discover (and save) your own Pins on Pinterest. Thyroid, Thyroid Problems and Disorders.  
uk.pinterest.com
about 4 years ago
1f457871dcab44707d5e89b24b765cf91ae6f2ef5401222851780888

The Clotting Cascade Diagram

An image of both the intrinsic and extrinsic pathways of the clotting cascade including the interactions between the two and other finer details.  
Leah Flanagan
almost 4 years ago