New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Frida Hernandez

b

hdksj
10 items · Last updated Thursday 15th December 2016
Preview 300x212

Antibiotics Summary

During our antibiotics teaching at medical school we were told that a recent survey of junior doctors had revealed that a significant proportion didn't realise that augmentin, tazocin, and carbopenems were penicillins and as such should not be given to those with known allergies. I devised a "mind-map" summarising the main antibiotics in use using information from the BNF and my own lecture notes. For me, seeing the information laid out in this manner, pinned above my desk as I work, helps me remember the major classes, their relationships with one another, and their major side-effects.  
bethan goulden
over 9 years ago
Preview 300x212

Cranial Nerves - Anatomy, Clinical Signs and Study Tips

This is a teaching resource that aids the student in memorisation of the Cranial Nerves, their anatomical path and function. Additionally, it stimulates a clinical approach to the functions of the Cranial Nerves, with some 'not to be missed' signs.  
Thomas Lemon
about 8 years ago
Preview

Respiratory Notes

Document covering some key aspects of respiratory  
James Davis
about 8 years ago
Preview

Nephron Function Tutorial

This tutorial explores the function of the nephron, in particular: Filtration, Reabsorption, Secretion and Excretion. It explains explains the solutes involved and how they are processed by the nephron. It is recommended that you view the Renal Anatomy series before watching this tutorial.  
Handwritten Tutorial Videos
over 6 years ago
Preview

Part II Regulation of Blood Pressure Hormones

More Anatomy Lessons : https://www.youtube.com/user/AnatomyProfStudent Anatomy video Anatomy vagin Anatomy penis Anatomy prof students Anatomy videos medical...  
YouTube
over 6 years ago
Preview

How to Interpret a Chest X-Ray (Lesson 6 - Diaphragm and Pleura)

A review of how to diagnose a pneumothorax, various forms of pleural effusion, other forms of pleural disease, and pneumoperitoneum. A differential diagnosis...  
YouTube
over 6 years ago
Preview

Multiple Myeloma Simplified

Learn about Multiple Myeloma, a malignant disease of plasma cells in the bone marrow.  
youtube.com
almost 5 years ago
Preview

Hyperkalemia Explained Clearly

Dr. Seheult illustrates key hyperkalemia causes, pathophysiology, EKG/ECG changes (including peaked T waves) and potential arrhythmias. This is video 1 of 2 ...  
youtube.com
almost 5 years ago
Preview

Neurologic Exam - Complete Neurological Examination

this video shows neurological examination in a sequence that is easy to understand.  
youtube.com
about 4 years ago
Preview

How to read a chest X-Ray

Learn how to properly read a chest x-ray from basics start by learning what a normal radiography looks like Subscribe for more Like our facebook page for Med...  
youtu.be
almost 4 years ago