New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Rhodri Dowland-Owen

Revision

No Description
207 items · Last updated Monday 25th July 2016

Abdominal Ultrasound tutorial

A tutorial about how to read an abdominal ultrasound video. Produced to give medical students just a better idea of what to expect.  
Dr Alastair Buick
about 12 years ago
Preview

Dysphagia

Dysphagia Ben Savage  
Dr Ben Savage
about 11 years ago

Heart Failure

This is a podcast on the Clinical Pharmacology that is relevant to the treatment of cardiac failure. In this podcast we shall be covering the therapeutics of: * Acute/Decompensated cardiac failure * Chronic cardiac failure Once again we shall be using this as a means to discuss certain drugs, here ACE-inhibitors, ARBs, beta-blockers, spironolactone and digoxin.  
Podmedics
about 11 years ago
793435229c54508eff32a80d40de5648ea6a8e249780856511643278

Hernia Examination

In this video Miss Tierney demonstrates how to examine a Hernia.  
Rhys Clement
almost 11 years ago
Preview

Surgical knot tying

This is a really nice demonstration of some of the basic surgical knots. It is slowed down so that it is much easier to follow than the vast majority of videos on YouTube and I think it is a nice video  
Rhys Clement
over 10 years ago
Preview

Ascities overview

Ascites ‘’abnormal collection of fluid in the peritoneal cavity, a common complication of portal hpt secondary to cirrhosis’’  Na+ & H20 retention, due to per…  
Sarah Wagstaffe
over 10 years ago

Circle of Willis - Isolated (Labeled)

Isolated Circle of Willis. Ventral.  
Health Education Assets Library
about 10 years ago

Hypercalcemia

A potentiallylife-threatening electrolyte problem that commonly finds its way into the ICU as well as on exams.  
Jeffrey S. Guy, MD, FACS
about 10 years ago

Atrial Fibrillation

Atrial fibrillation is a common problem in ICU patients, but it is a problem with many potential causes, and not always a well defined treatment.   
Jeffrey S. Guy, MD, FACS
about 10 years ago
Preview

Type 2 diabetes basics

I am writing a series of endocrinology short (10 slide) presentations on key things i think you need to know as medical students. I will do another presentation on complications in more depth comments pleas I will put some audio with it soon  
Nick Thomas
over 9 years ago
Preview

Communication skills

Communication skills in the medical interview  
Philip Welsby
over 9 years ago
Preview

Hormones

A summary of hormones  
Philip Welsby
over 9 years ago
Preview

The Arteries

Summary of the arteries and blood supply to the body.  
Philip Welsby
over 9 years ago
Preview

The Heart

Summary of the embryology of the heart  
Philip Welsby
over 9 years ago
Preview

Anatomy Revision of the Upper Limb, Lower Limb & Back

An anatomy revision guide, focused upon the upper limb, lower limb & back. Originally created in 2009 as a study aid for students at Cardiff University School of Medicine, it was substantially updated in 2010, and this Second Edition contains more detailed chapters, particularly with respect to musculature, cross-sections & relevant clinical anatomy. Further information can be found under the Preface & Introduction.  
Nima Razii
over 9 years ago
Preview

Iron Transport: GI tract to the bloodsteam

A simple diagram, and the only way I could make sense of the way Iron is transported from the GI tract to the blood.  
Daniel Sapier
over 9 years ago
Preview

F1 "On Call"

You are the surgical F1 on call. This is an interactive case scenario which will ask you to make the clinical descisions in the management of your patient. The scenario uses single best answer questions to direct you through the scenario. The scenario will play out depending on the descisions you make. Choose wisely!  
Daniel Beck
over 9 years ago