New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Carly Dorion

Premed

No Description
32 items · Last updated Tuesday 13th September 2016
Preview

The ethics of electives

Exploration of ethical aspects of medical electives and need to introduce global health education into them  
Jonathan Currie
almost 12 years ago
Preview

Epidemiology

Note summaries of the basics of epidemiology  
Philip Welsby
over 9 years ago
Preview

Infection summary

Summary of infection , covering immunology, infectious diseases and treatments  
Philip Welsby
over 9 years ago
Preview

VIRUS INFECTIONS

MECHANISMS OF VIRAL PATHOGENICITY A CLINICALLY BIASED ACCOUNT OF COMMON PATHOGENIC VIRUSES THERAPY OF VIRAL INFECTIONS  
Philip Welsby
over 9 years ago
Preview

Fungal Infections

A note to summaries fungal infections  
Philip Welsby
over 9 years ago
Preview

Ethical Perspectives on Dying

An account of the talks given on 24th March 2011, by Professors Joe Collier and John Wyatt , during "Ethical Perspective on Dying": an event organised collaboratively by the Ethics Society and the Christian Union, St. George's, University of London.  
David Jones
over 9 years ago
Preview

Genetic epidemiology

1. Introductory lecture in genetic epidemiology for second year (pre-clinical) medical students. 2. Computer-aided learning exercises on genetics of common disease and their place in clinical practice  
Daniel Swerdlow
over 9 years ago
Preview

Everything you need to know about the Liver

The liver is one of the most confusing organs to get to grips with, and one that medical students know very little about prior to startinf medical school. This document aims to explain everything a first year medical student needs to know about the liver in a clear and concise manner, with the aid of bulletpoints and diagrams.  
Lucy Faulkner
over 8 years ago
Preview 300x225

Immune Response Summary Diagram

This is a diagram I created to summarise the immune response, complete with friendly, loveable cartoon immune cells designed in an attempt to make what can be a very complicated and confusing subject seem a little less threatening. The students I taught the subject to loved the "cute" summary format and found immunology to be a much more approachable revision topic as a result! Since this image has been so popular with all you lovely people, I have also written a comprehensive article on the immune response - complete with lots of illustrations - which is available here on Geeky Medics: http://geekymedics.com/2014/07/02/immune-response/ Enjoy and good luck!  
Miss Laura Jayne Watson
about 8 years ago
Preview 300x425

Immune System Flowchart

When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this and was surprised to find that there wasn’t anything suitable on the internet that linked both the innate and adaptive systems. I developed this flowchart based on information from lectures and several textbooks and disseminated it amongst students in multiple years. The diagram proved to be an excellent tool for revision and in developing a foundational understanding of the immune system.  
Jon Curtis
about 8 years ago
Preview

Roughly 50 Medical Mnemonics

Mohammed Khaledur Rahman| Student at King’s College London GKT Medical School 26th March - 09th June ROUGHLY 50 MEDICAL MNEMONICS  
Mohammed Rahman
almost 8 years ago
Preview

HIV and AIDS

Overview of the Pathophysiology and basic clinical aspects of HIV and AIDS  
Harriet Blundell
over 7 years ago
Preview

Why and How to Teach Medical Ethics

Lecturer: Prof. Alan Rubinow The Neuro Ethics Meeting Held at Jerusalem by the Tel Aviv University 2009  
Nicole Chalmers
over 6 years ago
Preview

Ace the Medical School Interview- Medical Ethics Questions

Medical School Interview ethics questions & answers by www.AceMedicine.com. For more free hints and tips for the Medical School Interview, UKCAT & UCAS visit www.AceMedicine.com  
Nicole Chalmers
over 6 years ago
Preview

Introduction to Epidemiology and public health

Introduction to Epidemiology and public health Epidemiology is the study of the patterns, causes, and effects of health and disease in defined populations. It is the cornerstone of public health, and informs policy decisions and evidence-based medicine by identifying risk factors for disease and targets for preventive medicine. Epidemiologists help with study design, collection and statistical analysis of data, and interpretation and dissemination of results (including peer review and occasional systematic review). Epidemiology has helped develop methodology used in clinical research, public health studies and, to a lesser extent, basic research in the biological sciences. Public health is "the science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting health through the organized efforts and informed choices of society, organizations, public and private, communities and individuals" (1920, C.E.A. Winslow). It is concerned with threats to health based on population health analysis. The population in question can be as small as a handful of people or as large as all the inhabitants of several continents (for instance, in the case of a pandemic). The dimensions of health can encompass "a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity", as defined by the United Nations' World Health Organization. Public health incorporates the interdisciplinary approaches of epidemiology, biostatistics and health services. Environmental health, community health, behavioral health, health economics, public policy, insurance medicine and occupational health (respectively occupational medicine) are other important subfields. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology  
Nicole Chalmers
over 6 years ago
Preview

Antibiotics Mechanisms of Action Tutorial

My name is Armando! I am not a doctor or professor, I am a student. I make these videos cause I enjoy art and science. I hope you enjoy them!  
Nicole Chalmers
over 6 years ago
Preview

Immunology Map III - T cell development II

http://www.facebook.com/ArmandoHasudungan  
Nicole Chalmers
over 6 years ago