New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Shaili Naik

pathology

No Description
9 items · Last updated Monday 22nd January 2018
Preview

Psychiatry Drugs Slideshow

A PowerPoint presentation created for revision purposes of psychiatry meds.  
alicia tomkinson
about 9 years ago
Preview

Parasitology Lecture Series

All lectures from Parasitology in Second Year Faculty of Life Sciences at The University of Manchester. All notes compiled with lectures and my own reading, but may not all be credited. Please let me know if there are any issues with copyright and they will be addressed. Lectures do not follow an order according to lecture number, but on similarity of parasites.  
Daniel Sapier
about 9 years ago
Preview

Microbiology - bacteria, fungi, yeasts and viruses

I made this Powerpoint presentation a while ago to help me learn/revise this topic.  
Sarah Watson
over 8 years ago
Preview 300x425

Arterial Schematic

The “Arterial Schematic” represents the intricate three-dimensional human arterial system in a highly simplified two-dimensional design reminiscent of the London Underground Map. Each “line” represents an artery within the body; a black circle marks a major vessel, whilst “stubs” stemming from the main lines represent the distal vasculature. The coloured “zones” represent the main divisions of the human body, for example; the yellow zone indicates the neck. The schematic was inspired by Henry Beck’s work on the first diagrammatic London Underground Map. His aim was to represent complex geographical distribution in a simple and accessible form. He achieved this aim by omitting swathes of information that had plagued previous designers’ versions. Beck’s approach was succinct yet produced a design that was immediately successful in clearly portraying to commuters how to traverse London most efficiently. The “Arterial Schematic” hopes to culminate this idea of communicating complex concepts in a concise manner, mirroring what is expected of medical professionals on a daily basis. The schematic is a prototype design intended to be part of a series of images that will diagrammatically represent the various systems of the human body. The prototype was inspired by a desire to teach anatomy via a fresh and engaging visual medium. Recent years have seen significant debate over reduced undergraduate anatomy teaching and its later consequences. The hope is that the “Arterial Schematic” and its sister diagrams will inspire students to learn anatomy and encourage them to further their knowledge via other sources. PLEASE NOTE: This image is available for purchase in print, please contact l.farmery1@gmail.com if interested. Please follow LFarmery on Twitter and considering sharing the Arterial Schematic on Facebook etc. Many Thanks.  
Dr. Luke Farmery
about 8 years ago
Preview

Epilepsy slides

A lecture I gave as a medical student on the pathogenesis of Epilepsy and bits and pieces on pharmacology. I will add a voice- over if you enjoy the slides to make it even more helpful. Hope you enjoy this!  
BL MK
about 7 years ago
Preview

Muscle Disorders

The main feature of muscle disorders is weakness without reflex loss. This helps us to differentiate these disorders from: UMN lesion – weakness with increased reflexes LMN lesion – weakness with decreased reflexes   Investigating Muscle Disorders  
almostadoctor.com - free medical student revision notes
over 6 years ago
Preview

JC: An International Clinical Trials Day Special - St.Emlyn's

James Lind first clinical trial for scurvy. International Clinical Trials Day a critical appraisal  
stemlynsblog.org
about 5 years ago
1497b27fbc5126510068827b05022e632635b5f919677479729855774

ECGs Made Easy

Learn the basics of ECGs. NB: SEE COMMENTS BELOW  
Dr Hawra Al-Eirani
over 4 years ago