New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Reed

Neuro

No Description
27 items · Last updated Sunday 12th March 2017
Preview 300x212

Antibiotics Summary

During our antibiotics teaching at medical school we were told that a recent survey of junior doctors had revealed that a significant proportion didn't realise that augmentin, tazocin, and carbopenems were penicillins and as such should not be given to those with known allergies. I devised a "mind-map" summarising the main antibiotics in use using information from the BNF and my own lecture notes. For me, seeing the information laid out in this manner, pinned above my desk as I work, helps me remember the major classes, their relationships with one another, and their major side-effects.  
bethan goulden
over 8 years ago
Preview

Detailed first and second year OSCE stations

Explanations of procedures and signs associated with various OSCE style stations relevant to first and second year MBBS, including pictures of relevant pathology and illustrative diagrams. Includes - resuscitatio - peripheral pulse - blood pressur - cardiovascular exam (including relevant aspects of the general examination - ECG lead placemen - Respiratory exam (including relevant aspects of the general examination - peak flo - vitalograp - abdominal examination (including relevant aspects of the general examination - PNS (motor function - Reflexes alon - cranial nerve exa - Thyroid exa - cervical and lymph node (diagrams only - Shoulder joint exa - Hip joint exam  
Gemma McIntosh
over 8 years ago
Preview

Psychiatry Drugs Slideshow

A PowerPoint presentation created for revision purposes of psychiatry meds.  
alicia tomkinson
over 8 years ago
Preview 300x212

Cranial Nerves - Anatomy, Clinical Signs and Study Tips

This is a teaching resource that aids the student in memorisation of the Cranial Nerves, their anatomical path and function. Additionally, it stimulates a clinical approach to the functions of the Cranial Nerves, with some 'not to be missed' signs.  
Thomas Lemon
over 7 years ago
Preview 300x212

Cranial Nerves

A table listing the cranial nerves, their fibre type, attachment, cranial exit, function and method of testing  
Dahlia Abdul-Rahman
about 7 years ago

Foramina of the Skull (Visual mnemonic)

The skull has numerous holes (foramina) through which various cranial nerves, arteries, veins and other structures pass. To aid learning of these important foramina, I have created this visual mnemonic.  
Sunjay Parmar
almost 7 years ago
Preview 300x189

Cerebral haematomas (Visual mnemonic)

Knowing the anatomy of the meninges and how cerebral haematomas occur is vital in an acute setting, and this visual mnemonic hopes to conceptually explain the pathophysiology behind these potentially fatal conditions.  
Sunjay Parmar
over 6 years ago
Preview 300x177

ANS Drugs - Mind Map

Julia Marr
almost 6 years ago
Preview

Antibiotic therapy

A guide to classes of antibiotics, how antibiotics work against bacteria and mechanisms of bacterial resistance.  
Rafi Ahmed
over 5 years ago
Preview

Cranial Nerves OSCE Examination

Learn how to examine the cranial nerves with key facts and landmarks explained and highlighted.  
YouTube
almost 6 years ago
Preview

Sinuses, vessels, and nerves of the skull

Dr. Fabian pointing out the sinuses, vessels, and nerves of the skull.  
YouTube
over 5 years ago
Preview

The Skull Bones - Cranial foramina and contents

Here I cover the foramina (aka holes) in the skull and review what goes through them. Hopefully you find this to be helpful, and please remember to check wit...  
YouTube
over 5 years ago
Preview

Diagnosing the dementias

Stream Diagnosing the dementias by BMJ talk medicine from desktop or your mobile device  
SoundCloud
almost 5 years ago
Preview

Structures passing through foramina of skull | MEDCHROME

The internal surface of the cranial base can be divided into 3 cranial fossae, the anterior, middle, and posterior. The anterior and middle fossae are separated  
medchrome.com
over 4 years ago
Facial vii1 labelled768

Facial-vii1_labelled768.jpg

Overview of facial nerve components  
bmc.med.utoronto.ca
over 4 years ago
Cfd2e371ff69ee30497aab8712168b9941e69e65592577899768066

Antibiotics summary

Classifications of antibiotics - a useful summary. The Table is no way complete. Kindly Ignore Spelling mistakes Checkout mynotes4usmle.tumblr.com for more  
Sarosh Kamal
over 4 years ago
Preview

Mnemonics For Finals

Mnemonics are a great tool for the medical student. They allow complex information to be condensed into a few words and essentially make your memory more efficient. This material is provided by revise4finals (www.revise4finals.co.uk), courtesy of PasTest Online Revision for Medical Students (www.pastest.co.uk). You can find more mnemonics and other revision materials at both of these websites.  
revise4finals.co.uk
over 4 years ago
A751c4c4bf953735eb24720481a9372a62cce6105498749298956503

Pain Killers

Awesome review made by Compound Interest (https://www.facebook.com/compoundchem?fref=ts)  
Mara
over 4 years ago