New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Bolanle

Hematology - General

No Description
10 items · Last updated Wednesday 26th April 2017
Img 000

The handy guide to anaemia

The handy guide comprises a series of 5 short videos explaining different aspects of anaemia. The videos show my hands displaying cardboard cut outs of pictures I drew to explain the story of anaemia, an idea which I thought might make the information more memorable for students.  
kate mccormick
over 9 years ago
Preview 300x425

Immune System Flowchart

When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this and was surprised to find that there wasn’t anything suitable on the internet that linked both the innate and adaptive systems. I developed this flowchart based on information from lectures and several textbooks and disseminated it amongst students in multiple years. The diagram proved to be an excellent tool for revision and in developing a foundational understanding of the immune system.  
Jon Curtis
over 8 years ago
Preview

Haematology Tutorial

Haematology tutorial covering key topics in haematology  
James Davis
over 8 years ago
Preview

Approach to Anemia with Dr. Moffett

Dr. Bryan Moffett is on faculty at the University of Louisville as an Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine. He practices primarily at the VA Hospital and...  
youtube.com
over 5 years ago
0aabf13804d70c76c7591fd9fe6a8ec3599d90169129411266384557

An Overview of Hematopoiesis

Hematopoiesis is the process of creating new blood cells in the body. All blood cells start off as hematopoietic stem cells, and then specialize into myeloid cells or lymphoid cells (T-lymphocytes and B-lymphocytes).  
youtube.com
over 4 years ago
Preview

Jaundice - definition & pathology

What is jaundice? Well, jaundice is a condition where the skin and eyes take on a yellowish color due to increased levels of bilirubin in the bloodstream. Bi...  
youtube.com
about 4 years ago
Preview

Hemochromatosis

Hemochromatosis is a condition in which a person's body is overloaded with iron. The excess iron accumulates in various organs and can cause health problems....  
youtube.com
about 4 years ago
Preview

Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (TTP)

Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (TTP) Instructional Tutorial Video CanadaQBank.com QBanks for AMC Exams, MCCEE, MCCQE & USMLE URL: http://youtu.be/42jKU6...  
youtube.com
about 4 years ago
Preview

Anaemia - Overview

This is "Anaemia - Overview" by pulsenotes on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.  
vimeo.com
about 4 years ago