New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Aizzul Rahim

Internal medicine

No Description
10 items · Last updated Monday 15th May 2017
Preview 300x212

Antibiotics Summary

During our antibiotics teaching at medical school we were told that a recent survey of junior doctors had revealed that a significant proportion didn't realise that augmentin, tazocin, and carbopenems were penicillins and as such should not be given to those with known allergies. I devised a "mind-map" summarising the main antibiotics in use using information from the BNF and my own lecture notes. For me, seeing the information laid out in this manner, pinned above my desk as I work, helps me remember the major classes, their relationships with one another, and their major side-effects.  
bethan goulden
over 9 years ago
Preview

The Basics of ECG Interpretation

This presentation was given as part of a tutorial to 1st year undergraduates at BSMS in order to outline the basic methods for interpreting an ECG with respect of rate, rhythm and heart block.  
chris pavitt
over 9 years ago
Preview 300x425

Immune System Flowchart

When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this and was surprised to find that there wasn’t anything suitable on the internet that linked both the innate and adaptive systems. I developed this flowchart based on information from lectures and several textbooks and disseminated it amongst students in multiple years. The diagram proved to be an excellent tool for revision and in developing a foundational understanding of the immune system.  
Jon Curtis
over 8 years ago
Preview 300x425

Immune System Flowchart

This has been designed to show how the different components of the immune system develop individually and work together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this and was surprised to find that there wasn’t anything suitable on the internet that linked both the innate and adaptive systems. I know the diagram looks a bit dry but if you spend 5 minutes reading through it, I hope you'll find it useful. I'll hopefully add some images to make it more appealing at a later date. The flowchart is based on information from lectures and several textbooks and has proven to be an excellent tool for revision and in developing a foundational understanding of the immune system for many students.  
Jon Curtis
over 8 years ago
Preview

Cardiology in a Heartbeat

Slideshow covering the key topics in cardiology  
James Davis
over 8 years ago
Preview 300x177

ANS Drugs - Mind Map

Julia Marr
over 6 years ago

What are the "measured" values that can be acquired from an echocardiography?

I'm having trouble interpreting an echocardiogram with all the many values associated with it. So what are the values that are "measured" in echocardiography but cannot be acquired through calculation from other data? Can anyone please provide an example of the echocardiogram.  
Aerosus 2
over 7 years ago
89d3670b52fd41cb9ef93065e272c0253b444e45848740847958096

Bacteriology Map: Cocci, Bacili and Spiral

An incredible diagram on bacteriology. Remember a lot of hard details quickly and easily!  
mohammed
over 5 years ago
Endocrinesystemchart+(1)

Endocrine System Chart

Useful chart explaining glands and hormones!  
3.bp.blogspot.com
almost 5 years ago
Preview

Antibiotics chart

Spectrum of antimicrobials  
i.imgur.com
over 4 years ago