New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Jo Morin

HMS

No Description
17 items · Last updated Thursday 17th April 2014
Preview

Anatomy Revision of the Upper Limb, Lower Limb & Back

An anatomy revision guide, focused upon the upper limb, lower limb & back. Originally created in 2009 as a study aid for students at Cardiff University School of Medicine, it was substantially updated in 2010, and this Second Edition contains more detailed chapters, particularly with respect to musculature, cross-sections & relevant clinical anatomy. Further information can be found under the Preface & Introduction.  
Nima Razii
over 8 years ago
Preview

The Basics of ECG Interpretation

This presentation was given as part of a tutorial to 1st year undergraduates at BSMS in order to outline the basic methods for interpreting an ECG with respect of rate, rhythm and heart block.  
chris pavitt
over 8 years ago
Preview

Body Systems: homeostasis, blood, cardiology and respiratory

First Year Faculty of Life Sciences notes from lectures and textbooks. There may be paragraphs copied from Martini et al. (2010) so if anyone has any issues with copyright or plagiarism please let me know and I will remove it immediately.  
Daniel Sapier
over 8 years ago
Preview 300x225

Immune Response Summary Diagram

This is a diagram I created to summarise the immune response, complete with friendly, loveable cartoon immune cells designed in an attempt to make what can be a very complicated and confusing subject seem a little less threatening. The students I taught the subject to loved the "cute" summary format and found immunology to be a much more approachable revision topic as a result! Since this image has been so popular with all you lovely people, I have also written a comprehensive article on the immune response - complete with lots of illustrations - which is available here on Geeky Medics: http://geekymedics.com/2014/07/02/immune-response/ Enjoy and good luck!  
Miss Laura Jayne Watson
over 7 years ago
Preview 300x212

A brief Guide to the clinical examination

I created this whilst in third year. I have always found it difficult to find a succint guide to the whole examination for the long case...so I created one! It is an easy guide to remembering what to do and why you do it....I hope it can help anyone who needs it  
Howard Chu
over 7 years ago
Preview

Written All Over Their Faces

The education pack from an art exhibition I personally put on in the medical school. It looks at facial expressions, and the use of these in advanced communication in medical practice. The students could therefore enjoy a different format of educational material, with the exhibition being a predominantly visual encounter.  
Graeme Pettifer
over 7 years ago
Preview 300x212

Cranial Nerves - Anatomy, Clinical Signs and Study Tips

This is a teaching resource that aids the student in memorisation of the Cranial Nerves, their anatomical path and function. Additionally, it stimulates a clinical approach to the functions of the Cranial Nerves, with some 'not to be missed' signs.  
Thomas Lemon
over 7 years ago
Preview 300x425

Immune System Flowchart

This has been designed to show how the different components of the immune system develop individually and work together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this and was surprised to find that there wasn’t anything suitable on the internet that linked both the innate and adaptive systems. I know the diagram looks a bit dry but if you spend 5 minutes reading through it, I hope you'll find it useful. I'll hopefully add some images to make it more appealing at a later date. The flowchart is based on information from lectures and several textbooks and has proven to be an excellent tool for revision and in developing a foundational understanding of the immune system for many students.  
Jon Curtis
over 7 years ago
Preview

Cardiology in a Heartbeat

Slideshow covering the key topics in cardiology  
James Davis
over 7 years ago
Preview

Endocrinology Notes

Document covering some key aspects of endocrinology  
James Davis
over 7 years ago
Preview

Thyroid Notes

A document covering a selection of topics related to the thyroid  
James Davis
over 7 years ago
Preview

Gastroenterology Tutorial

Slideshow covering the some of the key conditions in gastroenterology.  
James Davis
over 7 years ago
Preview

Respiratory Notes

Document covering some key aspects of respiratory  
James Davis
over 7 years ago
Preview

Rheumatology Tutorial

A slideshow covering some of the key aspects in rheumatology  
James Davis
over 7 years ago