about 9 years ago
Preview

The Heart

Summary of the embryology of the heart  
Philip Welsby
over 8 years ago
Preview 300x212

Neoplasia nomenclature poster

The basics of nomenclature concerning Neoplasia are covered concisely and succinctly in one A3 size poster. Being able to correctly name tumours of differing origin can be a challenging task for new medical students, this teaching poster aims to aid the process.  
Aagash Vadera
over 8 years ago
Preview

M. tuberculosis

This is a project I did for a PBL session. I wanted to explain the ways in which the tuberculosis bacterium infects the body and causes symptoms in an interesting and fun way. I have dyslexia and a visual learner and I find that I take in information more effectively when diagrams or pictures are used. I’m also a huge fan of comic book which is why I chose to use this as a medium to present this information. This comic illustrates M.Tuberculosis’s journey through the body and his battle with the host immune system.  
Rosanna Baker-Wilding
over 8 years ago
Preview 300x212

Arterial Blood Gas Interpretation Made Easy

This poster offers a basic level of understanding of ABGs for medical students. I have also made an ID-card-sized version which can be easily used on the ward. Students can work around the table, looking at pH, then CO2 and then HCO3- and find the answer in the correct box.  
Jessi Muchmore
over 7 years ago
Preview 300x212

Cranial Nerves - Anatomy, Clinical Signs and Study Tips

This is a teaching resource that aids the student in memorisation of the Cranial Nerves, their anatomical path and function. Additionally, it stimulates a clinical approach to the functions of the Cranial Nerves, with some 'not to be missed' signs.  
Thomas Lemon
over 7 years ago
B4b29762cd096c944233461b6d0db66f0e27f50e5325789599170969

Thyroid and Parathyroid Slideshow

Understand what the thyroid and parathyroid do and get to grips with calcium homeostasis.  
James Davis
over 7 years ago
Preview

Thyroid Notes

A document covering a selection of topics related to the thyroid  
James Davis
over 7 years ago

Arachidonic acid pathway (Visual mnemonic)

The Arachidonic acid pathway constitutes one of the main mechanisms to cause inflammation, and knowledge of this pathway helps us to understand how various anti-inflammatory drugs work. In order to remember the Arachidonic acid pathway, I have created this visual mnemonic.  
Sunjay Parmar
almost 7 years ago
Preview 300x222

Anatomical relations of the Middle ear (Visual mnemonic)

The Middle ear has a plethora of structures within and surrounding it. To aid learning of these important structures, I have created this visual mnemonic. Note: The view is seen from the Right Lateral Wall (i.e. Tympanic membrane removed to see middle ear interior).  
Sunjay Parmar
almost 7 years ago
Preview

Glomerular Filtration is High and is Regulated Precisely

Primary function is filtration, reabsorptin and secretion. GFR is 125 ml/min and is autoregulated by tubuloglomerular feedback.  
Ashok Solanki
almost 7 years ago
Preview 300x140

Triangles of the Neck (Visual mnemonic)

There are various triangles of the neck, largely divided by the sternocleidomastoid muscle to form anterior and posterior triangles. Some triangles are more 'important' that others, and this simplified visual mnemonic hopes to emphasises this.  
Sunjay Parmar
over 6 years ago
Preview 300x147

Fracture healing (Visual mnemonic)

Having an in-depth understanding of the various phases of fracture healing is useful knowledge. I've done my best to aggregate from various sources the step-by-step physiological mechanisms underpinning bone healing via this visual mnemonic.  
Sunjay Parmar
over 6 years ago
Preview 300x212

Basal Ganglia Structure and Pathways

Quick poster I made regarding the pathways that cause and inhibit movement about the basal ganglia! This is my first contribution so hope you find it useful!  
Mahima Charan
over 6 years ago
Preview 300x189

Cerebral haematomas (Visual mnemonic)

Knowing the anatomy of the meninges and how cerebral haematomas occur is vital in an acute setting, and this visual mnemonic hopes to conceptually explain the pathophysiology behind these potentially fatal conditions.  
Sunjay Parmar
over 6 years ago
Preview 300x180

Nervous system development (Visual mnemonic)

The process of neurulation drives development of the system we use to help understand and interact with the world around us. Sometimes this process might stray from its chosen path due to internal/external factors, leading to unusual pathologies. Understanding neurulation can help us work out how things go wrong.  
Sunjay Parmar
over 6 years ago
Preview 300x394

Lung mechanics

Different graphs of the mechanics of Pulmonary Physio. Normal and Pathological.  
Andre Freire
almost 6 years ago
Preview

Antibiotics Mechanisms of Action Tutorial

My name is Armando! I am not a doctor or professor, I am a student. I make these videos cause I enjoy art and science. I hope you enjoy them!  
Nicole Chalmers
almost 6 years ago