New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Sophie Herbert

Nervous System Revision

To help with Second Year Pre-Clinical Exams
28 items · Last updated Monday 6th April 2015
Preview 300x222

Anatomical relations of the Middle ear (Visual mnemonic)

The Middle ear has a plethora of structures within and surrounding it. To aid learning of these important structures, I have created this visual mnemonic. Note: The view is seen from the Right Lateral Wall (i.e. Tympanic membrane removed to see middle ear interior).  
Sunjay Parmar
about 7 years ago
Preview 300x189

Cerebral haematomas (Visual mnemonic)

Knowing the anatomy of the meninges and how cerebral haematomas occur is vital in an acute setting, and this visual mnemonic hopes to conceptually explain the pathophysiology behind these potentially fatal conditions.  
Sunjay Parmar
almost 7 years ago
Preview 300x177

ANS Drugs - Mind Map

Julia Marr
about 6 years ago
Preview 300x213

Cranial nerves mnemonic

A nice visual mnemonic to recall the cranial nerves and their foramen.  
Waleed Tariq
about 6 years ago
Preview

Cranial Nerves Basics - 3D Anatomy Tutorial

3D anatomy tutorial on the cranial nerves using the Zygote Body Browser.  
YouTube
about 6 years ago
Preview

Seizure classifications, types for neuroscience pathology student: Tonic Clonic etc

Seizures include tonic clonic, abscence and status epileptics. Simple partial and complex partial as well.  
YouTube
almost 6 years ago
Preview

Epilepsy drugs: Seizure Medications: Benzodiazepine, Phenobarbitol, Ethosuximide, Valproate

Seizure pharmacology part II. Mnemonic to remember epilepsy drug treatments.  
YouTube
almost 6 years ago
Preview

Pharmacology Mnemonic: Partial Seizures: Phenytoin, Carbamazepine, Lamotrigine, Topiramate

Simple and complex partial seizures can be treated with medical drugs.  
YouTube
almost 6 years ago

OpticTract2.jpg

fmhs.uaeu.ac.ae
almost 6 years ago
Preview

How Rods and Cones respond to Light

In this episode, I go through the process of how rods and cones respond to light. I use Rods as an example and show how Rhodopsin, Transducin and Phosphodiesterase are involved in the process.  
YouTube
almost 6 years ago
Preview

Visual Processing in the Retina

In this episode, I talk about the visual processing that happens in the retina, starting with the rods and cones, going to the bipolar cells and then the ganglion cells. Watch to learn how this process works.  
YouTube
almost 6 years ago
Preview

The Receptive Field of a Ganglion Cell

In this episode, I talk about receptive field of ganglion cells, showing how rods and cones are connected to bipolar cells that are then connected to Ganglion cells.  
YouTube
almost 6 years ago
Preview

Ear Anatomy & Physiology

Ms. Klemme discusses basic ear anatomy and an introduction to the hearing pathway.  
YouTube
almost 6 years ago
Preview

Ear Organ of Corti

An animation of the organ in the inner ear of mammals that contain auditory inner and outer haircells.  
YouTube
almost 6 years ago
Preview

The Vestibular System

Welcome to Global institute of medical sciences. A Place for Focussed and Integrated Coaching providing in depth Knowledge of medical subject preparing stude...  
YouTube
almost 6 years ago
Preview

Emotions: Limbic System

Learn about the key structures of the limbic structure and how they play a role in experiencing emotion.  
YouTube
almost 6 years ago
Preview

What is Summation?

This video covers the topic of summation including both temporal and spatial summation.  
YouTube
almost 6 years ago