New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Mina A

Year 2

No Description
20 items · Last updated Tuesday 27th May 2014
Preview

Anatomy Revision of the Upper Limb, Lower Limb & Back

An anatomy revision guide, focused upon the upper limb, lower limb & back. Originally created in 2009 as a study aid for students at Cardiff University School of Medicine, it was substantially updated in 2010, and this Second Edition contains more detailed chapters, particularly with respect to musculature, cross-sections & relevant clinical anatomy. Further information can be found under the Preface & Introduction.  
Nima Razii
over 9 years ago
Preview

Iron Transport: GI tract to the bloodsteam

A simple diagram, and the only way I could make sense of the way Iron is transported from the GI tract to the blood.  
Daniel Sapier
over 9 years ago
Img 000

The handy guide to anaemia

The handy guide comprises a series of 5 short videos explaining different aspects of anaemia. The videos show my hands displaying cardboard cut outs of pictures I drew to explain the story of anaemia, an idea which I thought might make the information more memorable for students.  
kate mccormick
over 9 years ago
Preview

The Basics of ECG Interpretation

This presentation was given as part of a tutorial to 1st year undergraduates at BSMS in order to outline the basic methods for interpreting an ECG with respect of rate, rhythm and heart block.  
chris pavitt
over 9 years ago
Preview 300x212

Arterial Blood Gas Interpretation Made Easy

This poster offers a basic level of understanding of ABGs for medical students. I have also made an ID-card-sized version which can be easily used on the ward. Students can work around the table, looking at pH, then CO2 and then HCO3- and find the answer in the correct box.  
Jessi Muchmore
over 8 years ago
Preview 300x212

A brief Guide to the clinical examination

I created this whilst in third year. I have always found it difficult to find a succint guide to the whole examination for the long case...so I created one! It is an easy guide to remembering what to do and why you do it....I hope it can help anyone who needs it  
Howard Chu
over 8 years ago
Preview 300x212

Cranial Nerves - Anatomy, Clinical Signs and Study Tips

This is a teaching resource that aids the student in memorisation of the Cranial Nerves, their anatomical path and function. Additionally, it stimulates a clinical approach to the functions of the Cranial Nerves, with some 'not to be missed' signs.  
Thomas Lemon
over 8 years ago
Preview 300x425

Immune System Flowchart

This has been designed to show how the different components of the immune system develop individually and work together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this and was surprised to find that there wasn’t anything suitable on the internet that linked both the innate and adaptive systems. I know the diagram looks a bit dry but if you spend 5 minutes reading through it, I hope you'll find it useful. I'll hopefully add some images to make it more appealing at a later date. The flowchart is based on information from lectures and several textbooks and has proven to be an excellent tool for revision and in developing a foundational understanding of the immune system for many students.  
Jon Curtis
over 8 years ago
Preview

Respiratory tutorial

Slideshow covering the key topics in respiratory medicine.  
James Davis
about 8 years ago
Preview

Respiratory Notes

Document covering some key aspects of respiratory  
James Davis
about 8 years ago
4b5c3f59c558da7f50aa98ac56395b85c99a544422043869670480443

Rheumatology Course

Document covering the GALS screen and the key rheumatology topics.  
James Davis
about 8 years ago
Preview

Roughly 50 Medical Mnemonics

Mohammed Khaledur Rahman| Student at King’s College London GKT Medical School 26th March - 09th June ROUGHLY 50 MEDICAL MNEMONICS  
Mohammed Rahman
about 8 years ago
Img0

A Brief Introduction to Neuro Anatomy: The Major Cord (part1)

The Major Cord: A very brief introduction to the anatomy of the spinal cord with points of clinical relevance.  
Lucas Brammar
almost 8 years ago
Preview 300x212

Cranial Nerves

A table listing the cranial nerves, their fibre type, attachment, cranial exit, function and method of testing  
Dahlia Abdul-Rahman
almost 8 years ago

Foramina of the Skull (Visual mnemonic)

The skull has numerous holes (foramina) through which various cranial nerves, arteries, veins and other structures pass. To aid learning of these important foramina, I have created this visual mnemonic.  
Sunjay Parmar
over 7 years ago
Preview

Liver Function Tests

This is a simplified teaching resource that aids us memorisation of details of LFTS.  
Kamal Eldirawi
over 7 years ago
Preview 300x147

Fracture healing (Visual mnemonic)

Having an in-depth understanding of the various phases of fracture healing is useful knowledge. I've done my best to aggregate from various sources the step-by-step physiological mechanisms underpinning bone healing via this visual mnemonic.  
Sunjay Parmar
over 7 years ago