New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Umakant Bari

cardiology

No Description
59 items · Last updated Tuesday 27th September 2016

Abdominal Ultrasound tutorial

A tutorial about how to read an abdominal ultrasound video. Produced to give medical students just a better idea of what to expect.  
Dr Alastair Buick
about 11 years ago
Preview

Prescribing for pain in palliative care

Short powerpoint and example cases for simple pain prescribing in palliative care  
Katie Dumble
over 10 years ago

Acute Renal Failure

Acute renal failure is a dreaded complication in the ICU.  This podcast will review the various types of acute renal failure, the etiology, as well as acute management.  
Jeffrey S. Guy, MD, FACS
about 9 years ago
Preview

Ethical Dilemmas in Intensive Care

A brief overview of the ethical principles and challenges, with two cases to think about.  
Andrew Ferguson
over 8 years ago
Preview

Renal Physiology and Failure

Overview of renal physiological processes and acute kidney injury.  
Andrew Ferguson
over 8 years ago
Preview

Ethical Perspectives on Dying

An account of the talks given on 24th March 2011, by Professors Joe Collier and John Wyatt , during "Ethical Perspective on Dying": an event organised collaboratively by the Ethics Society and the Christian Union, St. George's, University of London.  
David Jones
over 8 years ago
Preview

F1 "On Call"

You are the surgical F1 on call. This is an interactive case scenario which will ask you to make the clinical descisions in the management of your patient. The scenario uses single best answer questions to direct you through the scenario. The scenario will play out depending on the descisions you make. Choose wisely!  
Daniel Beck
over 8 years ago
B1a0e1bda3a04f627d0269e8fbeb244e8cd92add4385933131168971

Approach to the Cardiovascular Examination

This presentation describes the basic cardiovascular examination. It is suitable for students in their early clinical years but may also be appropriate for students in their final year as revision for their OSCEs or students returning to clinical medicine.  
Carly Welch
over 8 years ago

The Basics of Renal failure

Video tutorial on the basics of renal failure.  
Podmedics
about 8 years ago
Preview

Renal colic

A detailed presentation about renal colic  
DR. AMY
over 7 years ago
Preview 300x425

Immune System Flowchart

When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this and was surprised to find that there wasn’t anything suitable on the internet that linked both the innate and adaptive systems. I developed this flowchart based on information from lectures and several textbooks and disseminated it amongst students in multiple years. The diagram proved to be an excellent tool for revision and in developing a foundational understanding of the immune system.  
Jon Curtis
over 7 years ago
Img0

Acute back pain Presentation

An overview of clinical back pain, looking at common aetiology and methods of avoiding reinjury.  
Thomas Lemon
over 7 years ago
Preview 300x425

Immune System Flowchart

This has been designed to show how the different components of the immune system develop individually and work together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this and was surprised to find that there wasn’t anything suitable on the internet that linked both the innate and adaptive systems. I know the diagram looks a bit dry but if you spend 5 minutes reading through it, I hope you'll find it useful. I'll hopefully add some images to make it more appealing at a later date. The flowchart is based on information from lectures and several textbooks and has proven to be an excellent tool for revision and in developing a foundational understanding of the immune system for many students.  
Jon Curtis
over 7 years ago
Preview

Fundoscopy OSCE

An OSCE presentation by Sarah Lawrence and Oscar Swift of UCLU MedSoc aimed at clinical medical students. It will briefly go through how to perform a fundoscopy station in 5 minutes and the features of the basic pathologies (including diabetic retinopathy, hypertensive retinopathy, retinal artery/vein occlusion and others) you might see.  
Sarah Lawrence
over 7 years ago
Preview

Cardiology in a Heartbeat

Slideshow covering the key topics in cardiology  
James Davis
over 7 years ago
Preview

Endocrinology Notes

Document covering some key aspects of endocrinology  
James Davis
over 7 years ago
1e0be4db8e086e86b866043c19112b9df8d07d7908448659743438669

Renal Presentation

A slideshow covering some key aspects of nephrology.  
James Davis
over 7 years ago