New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by mahmoud mohamed

pediatrics

No Description
10 items · Last updated Friday 20th November 2015
Preview 300x212

Antibiotics Summary

During our antibiotics teaching at medical school we were told that a recent survey of junior doctors had revealed that a significant proportion didn't realise that augmentin, tazocin, and carbopenems were penicillins and as such should not be given to those with known allergies. I devised a "mind-map" summarising the main antibiotics in use using information from the BNF and my own lecture notes. For me, seeing the information laid out in this manner, pinned above my desk as I work, helps me remember the major classes, their relationships with one another, and their major side-effects.  
bethan goulden
over 9 years ago
Preview

Respiratory Distress & Status asthmaticus in Paediatrics

A detailed presentation about Respiratory Distress & Status asthmaticus in Paediatric patients  
DR. AMY
over 8 years ago
Preview 300x425

Immune System Flowchart

When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this and was surprised to find that there wasn’t anything suitable on the internet that linked both the innate and adaptive systems. I developed this flowchart based on information from lectures and several textbooks and disseminated it amongst students in multiple years. The diagram proved to be an excellent tool for revision and in developing a foundational understanding of the immune system.  
Jon Curtis
about 8 years ago
Preview 300x425

Immune System Flowchart

This has been designed to show how the different components of the immune system develop individually and work together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this and was surprised to find that there wasn’t anything suitable on the internet that linked both the innate and adaptive systems. I know the diagram looks a bit dry but if you spend 5 minutes reading through it, I hope you'll find it useful. I'll hopefully add some images to make it more appealing at a later date. The flowchart is based on information from lectures and several textbooks and has proven to be an excellent tool for revision and in developing a foundational understanding of the immune system for many students.  
Jon Curtis
about 8 years ago
Preview

Cases in Radiology: Episode 3 (pediatric, chest x-ray)

In this episode we take a look at a basic but important paediatric chest radiograph case with a practical discussion of management and follow-up. View the case in Radopaedia quiz mode here: http://goo.gl/u65js  
Radiopaedia
over 7 years ago
Preview 300x419

Causes of Acute Abdomen

Picture showing different causes of abdominal pain in the areas which they tend to affect. (note: some of the causes in the Left and right iliac fossa can affect both sides although they are only drawn in one!) http://leadonpaper.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/the-acute-abdomen.html#more  
Caren Chu
over 6 years ago
Preview

Pediatric Cardiology-Update on Approach to management of Rheumatic Fever

Pediatric Cardiology Teaching,lecture conducted by Dr Snehal Kulkarni- Chief Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Kokila Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai, Indi...  
YouTube
over 6 years ago
Preview

Pediatric Metabolic Acidosis: Background, Pathophysiology, Etiology

Metabolic acidosis is an acid-base disorder characterized by a decrease in serum pH that results from either a primary decrease in plasma bicarbonate concentration ([HCO3 -]) or an increase in hydrogen ion concentration ([H+]). It is not a disease but rather a biochemical abnormality.  
emedicine.medscape.com
almost 5 years ago
Preview

Neonatal Cranial Sonography

Created by Biomedical Imaging and Intervention Journal. c/o Department of Biomedical Imaging (Radiology) Faculty of Medicine University of Malaya.  
youtu.be
almost 5 years ago
Preview

Milk Banking in North America

Diane Bates, RN, IBCLC 8/28/2013-  
youtu.be
almost 5 years ago