New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by arsalan khattak

anatomy

No Description
11 items · Last updated Thursday 5th March 2015
Preview

F1 "On Call"

You are the surgical F1 on call. This is an interactive case scenario which will ask you to make the clinical descisions in the management of your patient. The scenario uses single best answer questions to direct you through the scenario. The scenario will play out depending on the descisions you make. Choose wisely!  
Daniel Beck
about 10 years ago
Preview 300x212

Arterial Blood Gas Interpretation Made Easy

This poster offers a basic level of understanding of ABGs for medical students. I have also made an ID-card-sized version which can be easily used on the ward. Students can work around the table, looking at pH, then CO2 and then HCO3- and find the answer in the correct box.  
Jessi Muchmore
almost 9 years ago
Preview 300x425

Immune System Flowchart

When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this and was surprised to find that there wasn’t anything suitable on the internet that linked both the innate and adaptive systems. I developed this flowchart based on information from lectures and several textbooks and disseminated it amongst students in multiple years. The diagram proved to be an excellent tool for revision and in developing a foundational understanding of the immune system.  
Jon Curtis
almost 9 years ago
Img0

Acute back pain Presentation

An overview of clinical back pain, looking at common aetiology and methods of avoiding reinjury.  
Thomas Lemon
over 8 years ago
Preview 300x425

Immune System Flowchart

This has been designed to show how the different components of the immune system develop individually and work together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this and was surprised to find that there wasn’t anything suitable on the internet that linked both the innate and adaptive systems. I know the diagram looks a bit dry but if you spend 5 minutes reading through it, I hope you'll find it useful. I'll hopefully add some images to make it more appealing at a later date. The flowchart is based on information from lectures and several textbooks and has proven to be an excellent tool for revision and in developing a foundational understanding of the immune system for many students.  
Jon Curtis
over 8 years ago
Preview

Fundoscopy OSCE

An OSCE presentation by Sarah Lawrence and Oscar Swift of UCLU MedSoc aimed at clinical medical students. It will briefly go through how to perform a fundoscopy station in 5 minutes and the features of the basic pathologies (including diabetic retinopathy, hypertensive retinopathy, retinal artery/vein occlusion and others) you might see.  
Sarah Lawrence
over 8 years ago
Preview

Endocrinology Notes

Document covering some key aspects of endocrinology  
James Davis
over 8 years ago
Preview 300x222

Anatomical relations of the Middle ear (Visual mnemonic)

The Middle ear has a plethora of structures within and surrounding it. To aid learning of these important structures, I have created this visual mnemonic. Note: The view is seen from the Right Lateral Wall (i.e. Tympanic membrane removed to see middle ear interior).  
Sunjay Parmar
about 8 years ago
Preview

Antibiotic therapy

A guide to classes of antibiotics, how antibiotics work against bacteria and mechanisms of bacterial resistance.  
Rafi Ahmed
almost 7 years ago
Preview 300x419

Causes of Acute Abdomen

Picture showing different causes of abdominal pain in the areas which they tend to affect. (note: some of the causes in the Left and right iliac fossa can affect both sides although they are only drawn in one!) http://leadonpaper.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/the-acute-abdomen.html#more  
Caren Chu
almost 7 years ago
Preview

Heart Anatomy Part 2

Heart Anatomy Part 2 by Dr. Fabian  
YouTube
almost 7 years ago