New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Alexandra Llewellyn

BII

No Description
11 items · Last updated Thursday 17th July 2014
Preview 300x212

Antibiotics Summary

During our antibiotics teaching at medical school we were told that a recent survey of junior doctors had revealed that a significant proportion didn't realise that augmentin, tazocin, and carbopenems were penicillins and as such should not be given to those with known allergies. I devised a "mind-map" summarising the main antibiotics in use using information from the BNF and my own lecture notes. For me, seeing the information laid out in this manner, pinned above my desk as I work, helps me remember the major classes, their relationships with one another, and their major side-effects.  
bethan goulden
over 9 years ago
Preview

M. tuberculosis

This is a project I did for a PBL session. I wanted to explain the ways in which the tuberculosis bacterium infects the body and causes symptoms in an interesting and fun way. I have dyslexia and a visual learner and I find that I take in information more effectively when diagrams or pictures are used. I’m also a huge fan of comic book which is why I chose to use this as a medium to present this information. This comic illustrates M.Tuberculosis’s journey through the body and his battle with the host immune system.  
Rosanna Baker-Wilding
over 9 years ago
Preview 300x225

Immune Response Summary Diagram

This is a diagram I created to summarise the immune response, complete with friendly, loveable cartoon immune cells designed in an attempt to make what can be a very complicated and confusing subject seem a little less threatening. The students I taught the subject to loved the "cute" summary format and found immunology to be a much more approachable revision topic as a result! Since this image has been so popular with all you lovely people, I have also written a comprehensive article on the immune response - complete with lots of illustrations - which is available here on Geeky Medics: http://geekymedics.com/2014/07/02/immune-response/ Enjoy and good luck!  
Miss Laura Jayne Watson
about 8 years ago
Preview 300x247

Sepsis

Zoom in to the image to follow the branches and discover more about sepsis!  
Adrian Delport
about 8 years ago
Preview 300x197

Hematopoiesis

Blood Cells Schematic  
Tony Menias
over 7 years ago
Preview

Gram negative bacilli

GRAM  –ve  Bacteria:  BACILLI     ENTEROBACTERIACEAE  ‘Coliforms’   BACTERIA   Salmonella   Escherichia   Campylobacter   S.enterica  …  
Sarah West
over 7 years ago
Preview

Gram positive bacilli

GRAM  +ve  Bacteria:  BACILLI     SPORE  FORMERS   NON-­‐SPORE  FORMERS   BACTERIA   Clostridium   Bacillis   Listeria   Erysipeloth…  
Sarah West
over 7 years ago
Preview 300x220

Bacteria Mind Map

Julia Marr
over 6 years ago
Preview

Pathogen Table

Pathogen Disease Caused/Symptoms Diagnosis Treatment F U N G I Filamentous Fungi Microsporum Canis, Trichophyton Rubum, Epidermophyton Floccosum Infects kerati…  
Lizzie Sykes
over 6 years ago
Preview 300x212

Virus Mind Map

A simple mind map to organize the DNA and RNA viruses into similar groups for easier memorization.  
Ryan Matthews
over 6 years ago