New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Abu Alejandro

2nd year

No Description
13 items · Last updated Tuesday 30th September 2014
Preview

Microbiology - bacteria, fungi, yeasts and viruses

I made this Powerpoint presentation a while ago to help me learn/revise this topic.  
Sarah Watson
about 10 years ago
Preview 300x225

Immune Response Summary Diagram

This is a diagram I created to summarise the immune response, complete with friendly, loveable cartoon immune cells designed in an attempt to make what can be a very complicated and confusing subject seem a little less threatening. The students I taught the subject to loved the "cute" summary format and found immunology to be a much more approachable revision topic as a result! Since this image has been so popular with all you lovely people, I have also written a comprehensive article on the immune response - complete with lots of illustrations - which is available here on Geeky Medics: http://geekymedics.com/2014/07/02/immune-response/ Enjoy and good luck!  
Miss Laura Jayne Watson
over 9 years ago
Preview 300x1291

A Comical Guide to the Psychosis OSCE Station

A Comical Guide to the Psychosis OSCE Station is one of a series of comic strip guides created during a 3rd year SSC project to develop mental health e-learning resources for 3rd year medical students at the University of Leeds. The aim was to create a fun and easy way for students to learn how to perform well in a mental health OSCE station.  
Charmian Reynoldson
over 9 years ago
Preview 300x425

Immune System Flowchart

This has been designed to show how the different components of the immune system develop individually and work together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this and was surprised to find that there wasn’t anything suitable on the internet that linked both the innate and adaptive systems. I know the diagram looks a bit dry but if you spend 5 minutes reading through it, I hope you'll find it useful. I'll hopefully add some images to make it more appealing at a later date. The flowchart is based on information from lectures and several textbooks and has proven to be an excellent tool for revision and in developing a foundational understanding of the immune system for many students.  
Jon Curtis
over 9 years ago
Preview

Roughly 50 Medical Mnemonics

Mohammed Khaledur Rahman| Student at King’s College London GKT Medical School 26th March - 09th June ROUGHLY 50 MEDICAL MNEMONICS  
Mohammed Rahman
over 9 years ago
Preview

Anxiety Disorders

summary of anxiety disorders: presentation and treatment  
Aoibhin McGarrity
about 9 years ago
Preview

Anxiety Disorders

An overview of Anxiety: Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Simple Phobia, Social Phobia, Agoraphobia, Panic Disorder and a general DDx of Anxiety symptoms.  
Harriet Blundell
about 9 years ago
Preview

Gram negative bacilli

GRAM  –ve  Bacteria:  BACILLI     ENTEROBACTERIACEAE  ‘Coliforms’   BACTERIA   Salmonella   Escherichia   Campylobacter   S.enterica  …  
Sarah West
over 8 years ago
Preview 300x220

Bacteria Mind Map

Julia Marr
almost 8 years ago
Preview

Pathogen Table

Pathogen Disease Caused/Symptoms Diagnosis Treatment F U N G I Filamentous Fungi Microsporum Canis, Trichophyton Rubum, Epidermophyton Floccosum Infects kerati…  
Lizzie Sykes
almost 8 years ago
Preview

Psychiatry Handout

Psychiatry Handout for SW revision course  
Dr Alastair Buick
over 7 years ago
Preview

Mnemonics for Microbiology - USMLE Forums

Mnemonics for Microbiology USMLE Step 1 Mnemonics  
usmle-forums.com
over 7 years ago