New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Geoff Luecker

Bugs & Drugs

No Description
28 items · Last updated Monday 20th October 2014
Preview

Infection summary

Summary of infection , covering immunology, infectious diseases and treatments  
Philip Welsby
over 9 years ago
Preview

VIRUS INFECTIONS

MECHANISMS OF VIRAL PATHOGENICITY A CLINICALLY BIASED ACCOUNT OF COMMON PATHOGENIC VIRUSES THERAPY OF VIRAL INFECTIONS  
Philip Welsby
over 9 years ago
Preview

Fungal Infections

A note to summaries fungal infections  
Philip Welsby
over 9 years ago
Preview 300x212

Antibiotics Summary

During our antibiotics teaching at medical school we were told that a recent survey of junior doctors had revealed that a significant proportion didn't realise that augmentin, tazocin, and carbopenems were penicillins and as such should not be given to those with known allergies. I devised a "mind-map" summarising the main antibiotics in use using information from the BNF and my own lecture notes. For me, seeing the information laid out in this manner, pinned above my desk as I work, helps me remember the major classes, their relationships with one another, and their major side-effects.  
bethan goulden
over 9 years ago
Preview

Microbiology - bacteria, fungi, yeasts and viruses

I made this Powerpoint presentation a while ago to help me learn/revise this topic.  
Sarah Watson
over 8 years ago
Preview 300x212

Arterial Blood Gas Interpretation Made Easy

This poster offers a basic level of understanding of ABGs for medical students. I have also made an ID-card-sized version which can be easily used on the ward. Students can work around the table, looking at pH, then CO2 and then HCO3- and find the answer in the correct box.  
Jessi Muchmore
over 8 years ago
Preview 300x225

Immune Response Summary Diagram

This is a diagram I created to summarise the immune response, complete with friendly, loveable cartoon immune cells designed in an attempt to make what can be a very complicated and confusing subject seem a little less threatening. The students I taught the subject to loved the "cute" summary format and found immunology to be a much more approachable revision topic as a result! Since this image has been so popular with all you lovely people, I have also written a comprehensive article on the immune response - complete with lots of illustrations - which is available here on Geeky Medics: http://geekymedics.com/2014/07/02/immune-response/ Enjoy and good luck!  
Miss Laura Jayne Watson
about 8 years ago
Preview

Gram negative bacilli

GRAM  –ve  Bacteria:  BACILLI     ENTEROBACTERIACEAE  ‘Coliforms’   BACTERIA   Salmonella   Escherichia   Campylobacter   S.enterica  …  
Sarah West
over 7 years ago
Preview

Gram positive bacilli

GRAM  +ve  Bacteria:  BACILLI     SPORE  FORMERS   NON-­‐SPORE  FORMERS   BACTERIA   Clostridium   Bacillis   Listeria   Erysipeloth…  
Sarah West
over 7 years ago
Preview

Antibiotics

A blog post to help first year medical student remember those pesky antibiotics!  
Mrs Malaika Smith
almost 7 years ago
Preview 300x220

Bacteria Mind Map

Julia Marr
over 6 years ago
7c22e2d445978f7fb370dcb57c3db47f984b5d1d9093653857890808

Antibiotics Mindmap

A concise mindmap detailing everything you really need to know about antibiotic action!  
Julia Marr
over 6 years ago
Preview 300x177

ANS Drugs - Mind Map

Julia Marr
over 6 years ago
Preview

Antibiotics: The Types and Effects

Perfect for premed, college, medical and nursing students.  
Nicole Chalmers
over 6 years ago
2712bd31819474953b042924a9f5e8832c2ccb0e28733138521715096

Mechanisms and Classification of Antibiotics

A summary of the mechanisms and classification of antibiotics, with particular focus on penicillins, cephalosporins, carbapenems, quinolones, and aminoglycosides.  
Nicole Chalmers
over 6 years ago
Preview

Antibiotics Mechanisms of Action Tutorial

My name is Armando! I am not a doctor or professor, I am a student. I make these videos cause I enjoy art and science. I hope you enjoy them!  
Nicole Chalmers
over 6 years ago
Preview

Antibiotic therapy

A guide to classes of antibiotics, how antibiotics work against bacteria and mechanisms of bacterial resistance.  
Rafi Ahmed
over 6 years ago