New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Anna Stegall

Pharmacology

No Description
9 items · Last updated Tuesday 18th November 2014

Therapeutic Drug Monitoring: An e-learning Resource

I created this e-learning resource during my first Undergraduate Pharmacology BSc degree and it was used as a teaching aid to explain fundamental Pharmacokinetic principles to scientists carrying out Therapeutic Drug Monitoring. Having studied aspects of Pharmacology during the first year of my Graduate Entry Medical Degree at the University of Leicester, myself and my colleagues have found this interactive learning tool a valuable resource. The easy to use and interactive nature of learning allows the user to navigate around the resource and also test their knowledge on questions at the end. The effectiveness of the resource and feedback received from users is published in the journal Bioscience Horizons and can be found at http://biohorizons.oxfordjournals.org/content/2/2/113.full.pdf+html.  
Krupa Samani
over 8 years ago
Preview 300x212

Antibiotics Summary

During our antibiotics teaching at medical school we were told that a recent survey of junior doctors had revealed that a significant proportion didn't realise that augmentin, tazocin, and carbopenems were penicillins and as such should not be given to those with known allergies. I devised a "mind-map" summarising the main antibiotics in use using information from the BNF and my own lecture notes. For me, seeing the information laid out in this manner, pinned above my desk as I work, helps me remember the major classes, their relationships with one another, and their major side-effects.  
bethan goulden
over 8 years ago
Preview

Psychiatry Drugs Slideshow

A PowerPoint presentation created for revision purposes of psychiatry meds.  
alicia tomkinson
over 8 years ago
Preview

Good Prescribing Guide - Prescribing guide for medical staff and students

Hello all. Just thought I would post this online resource that I have found, seeing as the paper copy is no longer being distributed by my medical school anymore. Its been promoted by Dr Thompson who said: "It is all you need to pass the prescribing exam". Anyway - its a bit wordy, but hope it helps!!  
Laila Hasan
almost 6 years ago
7c22e2d445978f7fb370dcb57c3db47f984b5d1d9093653857890808

Antibiotics Mindmap

A concise mindmap detailing everything you really need to know about antibiotic action!  
Julia Marr
almost 6 years ago
Landing page laptops

upsell

Bringing doctors and medical students together, with 10000s of free videos, PowerPoints, podcasts, images, revision notes and exam questions (MCQs, EMQs, SBAs).  
meducation.net
about 5 years ago
A751c4c4bf953735eb24720481a9372a62cce6105498749298956503

Pain Killers

Awesome review made by Compound Interest (https://www.facebook.com/compoundchem?fref=ts)  
Mara
over 4 years ago