New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Rebecca Trimble

My board

No Description
19 items · Last updated Sunday 26th April 2015
Preview 300x212

Antibiotics Summary

During our antibiotics teaching at medical school we were told that a recent survey of junior doctors had revealed that a significant proportion didn't realise that augmentin, tazocin, and carbopenems were penicillins and as such should not be given to those with known allergies. I devised a "mind-map" summarising the main antibiotics in use using information from the BNF and my own lecture notes. For me, seeing the information laid out in this manner, pinned above my desk as I work, helps me remember the major classes, their relationships with one another, and their major side-effects.  
bethan goulden
over 8 years ago
Preview

Thyroid Cancer & Differential Diagnosis of Lumps in Neck for Medical Students and Foundation Doctors

A complete guide to the diagnosis and managment of thyroid cancer and how to clinically differentiate lumps in the neck. This resource is aimed at medical students in clinical years and foundation doctors.  
Adam Beebeejaun
over 8 years ago
Preview 300x212

Arterial Blood Gas Interpretation Made Easy

This poster offers a basic level of understanding of ABGs for medical students. I have also made an ID-card-sized version which can be easily used on the ward. Students can work around the table, looking at pH, then CO2 and then HCO3- and find the answer in the correct box.  
Jessi Muchmore
over 7 years ago
Preview 300x227

Sodium and Potassium - Urine Ion Transport

Urine formation ion transport diagram with additional information regarding Sodium and Potassium.  
Kay Sunderland
over 7 years ago
Preview 300x425

Immune System Flowchart

This has been designed to show how the different components of the immune system develop individually and work together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this and was surprised to find that there wasn’t anything suitable on the internet that linked both the innate and adaptive systems. I know the diagram looks a bit dry but if you spend 5 minutes reading through it, I hope you'll find it useful. I'll hopefully add some images to make it more appealing at a later date. The flowchart is based on information from lectures and several textbooks and has proven to be an excellent tool for revision and in developing a foundational understanding of the immune system for many students.  
Jon Curtis
over 7 years ago
Preview

Endocrinology Notes

Document covering some key aspects of endocrinology  
James Davis
over 7 years ago
Preview

Parathyroid

A document covering some key aspects of the parathyroid gland  
James Davis
over 7 years ago
Preview

Thyroid Notes

A document covering a selection of topics related to the thyroid  
James Davis
over 7 years ago
Preview

Respiratory Notes

Document covering some key aspects of respiratory  
James Davis
over 7 years ago
Preview 300x212

Cranial Nerves

A table listing the cranial nerves, their fibre type, attachment, cranial exit, function and method of testing  
Dahlia Abdul-Rahman
almost 7 years ago
Preview

Endocrine Principles

Endocrine Revision  
Stephen McAleer
over 6 years ago
Preview 300x212

Hormone Map

Hormone Map schematic. Looks a bit over whelming at first and may require some color coding by you for mechanisms of action (Gq, cAMP, IP3/DAG, etc..), but proved useful for Exam time.  
Andre Freire
almost 6 years ago
Preview 300x220

Bacteria Mind Map

Julia Marr
almost 6 years ago
Preview 300x177

ANS Drugs - Mind Map

Julia Marr
almost 6 years ago
Preview

Cardiac arrhythmias

Includes description, symptoms and an ECG rhythm strip typical of that arrhythmia.  
Laura R Barry
over 5 years ago
Preview

Pathogenesis of Atherosclerosis

Outline and pathogenesis.  
Amber Estep
over 5 years ago
Preview

Medicine by Post-It Note

While not all of medicine can be conveyed on a post-it note, quite a lot of the little things can. And what do you get if you add a lot of little things? A big thing. It's medicine, but not as you know it...  
post-it-note-medicine.tumblr.com
over 4 years ago