New to Meducation?
Sign up
Already signed up? Log In
view moderators

DigestiveSystem

Category

Preview
11
119

Digestive System Sample

Stomach ! Abdominal anatomy - Abdomen: diaphragm to pelvic brim - Antero-lateral muscular wall: external oblique, internal oblique, transversus abdominus - Pos…  
Nicole Chalmers
over 6 years ago
Preview
4
153

LIVER TRAUMA

A short presentation on types of liver trauma and its management.  
Souradeep Dutta
almost 6 years ago
Preview
4
171

Liver Trauma

Liver Trauma Souradeep Dutta INDIA  
Souradeep Dutta
almost 6 years ago
Ee5560a766c2975d2ca7d6ae0f3e5d6a48d7d59c09789195313051291
31
3885

Liver Explained Clearly

Understand the anatomy, main functions, diseases, and lab tests (liver function tests) of the liver with clear illustrations by Dr. Roger Seheult.  
YouTube
over 6 years ago
Preview
2
134

Basic Liver Physiology

 
almostadoctor.com - free medical student revision notes
over 6 years ago
Preview
3
129

Clinical Consequences of Liver Disease

Vitamins A, D, E and K are all stored in the liver, as is vitamin B12. Therefore, in liver damage, you can’t store as many of these as you would like to.   Portal circulation Note that there are no valves in the portal circulation. The portal supply is 70% of the blood that the liver receives. The other 30% is supplied by the hepatic artery.   The four main veins that contribute to the portal system are: Splenic vein Superior mesenteric  
almostadoctor.com - free medical student revision notes
over 6 years ago
Preview
3
126

Alcoholic Hepatitis

This is a very common cause of liver injury. It is caused by excessive alcohol intake. Typically there will be steatosis of the liver. In this pathological change, fat globules begin to accumulate in the cytoplasm of liver cells. this can be pretty harmless, and as a result, is not very specific for predicting if the liver will develop cirrhosis.  
almostadoctor.com - free medical student revision notes
over 6 years ago
Preview
1
31

The Gastrointestinal Tract

 
almostadoctor.com - free medical student revision notes
over 6 years ago
Preview
2
51

The Human Liver Video

Because the liver does so many important things for your body, you can't live without one. This video clip offers an overview of what your liver does.  
eMedTV: Health Information Brought To Life
over 6 years ago
Preview
1
19

Gut reaction: book celebrating digestive tract becomes German bestseller

Giulia Enders' debut book, whose title translates as Charming Bowels, has sold 200,000 copies in her native Germany  
the Guardian
over 6 years ago
Preview
1
16

Liver Physiology

More Anatomy Lessons : https://www.youtube.com/user/AnatomyProfStudent Anatomy video Anatomy vagin Anatomy penis Anatomy prof students Anatomy videos medical...  
YouTube
over 6 years ago
Preview
1
14

Liver Biorepository at the Einstein-Montefiore Institute for Clinical and Translational Research

Tissue surgically removed from patients at Montefiore Medical Center is stored for future research at the biorepository at Albert Einstein College of Medicin...  
YouTube
over 6 years ago
Preview
3
108

Pancreas & Gallbladder

pancreas gallbladder dr. fabian  
YouTube
over 6 years ago
Preview
1
58

Digestive System

Digestive System by Dr. Fabian  
YouTube
over 6 years ago
Preview
0
74

Liver

Even though the liver is separate from the GI tract, it is critical for nutrient digestion, metabolism, storage, and detoxification. Learn how the liver help...  
YouTube
over 6 years ago
Preview
1
26

Exocrine Pancreas

How is the pancreas related to diabetes? In this video, you will learn about the hormones that are released by the pancreas that assist in the breakdown and ...  
YouTube
over 6 years ago
Preview
1
94

Meet the Gastrointestinal Tract!

Who are we, really, at our deepest, most inner core? What are the different structures of the GI tract? What are their functions? By Raja Narayan. More free ...  
YouTube
over 6 years ago
Preview
1
47

Endocrine Pancreas

How is the pancreas related to diabetes? In this video, you will learn about the hormones that are released by the pancreas that assist in the breakdown and ...  
YouTube
over 6 years ago
Preview
3
126

Control of the GI Tract

Understand how the digestive tract has a mind of its own and uses neuronal as well as hormonal signals to breakdown food. By Raja Narayan. More free lessons ...  
YouTube
over 6 years ago
Preview
1
73

Biliary Tree

Understand how bile that's made in the liver makes its way into the intestines to help break down and absorb fat. By Raja Narayan. More free lessons at: http...  
YouTube
over 6 years ago