New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Placenta-on-a-Chip to Study Pregnancy, Develop New Drugs Safe for the Fetus |
A) The device’s upper (blue) and lower (red) chambers are separated by a semi-permeable membrane. B) Researchers placed maternal cells in one chamber and f
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Meet the Placenta!
- Learn how the needs of the fetus are met by the placenta, which is a special organ that belongs to both the mother and the fetus!
Researchers Develop First Fully Implantable Fetal Pacemaker
- Scientists have developed the first pacemaker designed specifically to be implanted in fetuses with complete heart block. The device was recently...
IUD fetus at 20 weeks of gestation. 20 week fetus
- Prepare for USMLE,UK,CANADIAN,AUSTRALIAN, NURSING & OTHER MEDICAL BOARD examinations around the globe with us.Understand the basics, concepts and how to answ...
Normal Labor and Delivery: Practice Essentials, Definition, Stages of Labor and Epidemiology
- Labor is a physiologic process during which the fetus, membranes, umbilical cord, and placenta are expelled from the uterus. Stages of labor Obstetricians have divided labor into 3 stages that deli...
Use of prescription drugs is common during pregnancy, US study finds
- Four in five pregnant women in the United States have a prescription drug dispensed, and nearly half are given drugs that may be harmful to the fetus, a study of Medicaid records has found.
Immunology principles mindmap
- A mindmap of some key principles of immunology I made for revision purposes. Nothing too complicated (hopefully)!