New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Gene therapy stabilises lungs of cystic fibrosis patients - BBC News
A gene therapy has stabilised and slightly improved cystic fibrosis in some of 136 patients in a trial.
Help by adding tags...
Cystic fibrosis boy's Facebook pills video gets 650,000 hits - BBC News
- An online video of a six-year-old boy swallowing tablets for cystic fibrosis is viewed more than 650,000 times.
Acute back pain Presentation
- An overview of clinical back pain, looking at common aetiology and methods of avoiding reinjury.
Scientists grow 'mini-lungs' to aid the study of cystic fibrosis
- Scientists at the University of Cambridge have successfully created 'mini-lungs' using stem cells derived from skin cells of patients with cystic fibrosis, and have shown that these can be...
Research could be 'life-prolonging' for cystic fibrosis patients
- Preventing lung infections in childhood could stop later life-threatening infections for people with cystic fibrosis (CF), according to the latest research carried out at Aston University.
Researchers identify potential drug that could help treat cystic fibrosis
- By screening over 2,000 approved drugs and natural products, scientists have shown that tannic acid may help ease the impact of bacterial lung infections in cystic fibrosis patients.
Cystic fibrosis drug offers hope to patients - BBC News
- A "groundbreaking" cystic fibrosis therapy could profoundly improve quality of life, say doctors.
Gene therapy trial for cystic fibrosis shows modest benefits
- A gene therapy trial has shown a small but notable health benefit in people with cystic fibrosis—proof of principle that, after a long wait, hopes of effective treatments for inherited diseases may...