New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
All patients with acute pancreatitis should have liver function tests and abdominal ultrasonography within 24 hours of admission to look for gallstones
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
- A audio podcast outlining pancreatic disease, including pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer.
Immune System Flowchart
- This has been designed to show how the different components of the immune system develop individually and work together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this an...
- A detailed presentation about pancreatitis, focusing on acute pancreatitis
Ascites/Retroperitoneal fluid build up in Acute Pancreatitis. Why?
- Ascites/Retroperitoneal fluid build up in Acute Pancreatitis - why does this happen :/
GI Imaging, “Answers”
- 1. When do you get abdominal plain films before CT in suspected SBO? 2. How do plain films guide your management in patients with suspected intraperitoneal free air? With advances in radiologic tec...
Non-invasive imaging in pancreatitis
- Ultrasound is indicated in the first 24 hours, mainly to identify gallstones as the cause of pancreatitis rather than to contribute to the diagnosis
Imaging Case of the Week 174 Answer
- The abdominal x-rays show dilated small bowel loops with air fluid levels. The erect abdominal x-ray, on close examination shows air in the biliary tree. There are multiple rounded irregular densit...