New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Music 'reduces pain and anxiety' for surgery patients - BBC News
Listening to music before, during and after an operation can help reduce pain, scientists who have conducted a large review of studies say.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
UK sees rise in weight-loss surgery - BBC News
- More patients are having weight-loss surgery, according to new figures from the National Bariatric Surgery Registry.
Foramina of the Skull (Visual mnemonic)
- The skull has numerous holes (foramina) through which various cranial nerves, arteries, veins and other structures pass. To aid learning of these important foramina, I have created this visual mnem...
Amputation pain 'still a challenge' for medics - BBC News
- In the century since World War One, doctors still haven't worked out how to treat the pain commonly felt after a limb is removed.
Women patients feel more pain when with partner, study suggests - BBC News
- Some women may find medical procedures more painful if their partners are present, a small study suggests.
Can music relieve the pain of surgery and help recovery? - BBC News
- New research suggests playing music during operations can have a positive effect on both surgeons and those they treat - even for patients under general anaesthetic.
Choosing a Specialty
- Remember when you were doing uni applications, and had to deal with the same handful of questions from people you bumped into…
- Classifications of antibiotics - a useful summary. The Table is no way complete. Kindly Ignore Spelling mistakes Checkout mynotes4usmle.tumblr.com for more