New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Which type of shoulder dislocation is most common- posterior, inferior, anterior? Which x-ray views can you obtain to help you differentiate among these types?
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Foundation Year 1 Doctor - Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire
Posted over 4 years ago
It would be interesting to discuss the various methods available to reduce dislocated shoulders! Share which one is your preferred method and why?
Commonly missed Fractures
- Cases with Xrays and Questions Fractures that even Emergency doctors miss. Don't forget to examine soft tissues!
Triangles of the Neck (Visual mnemonic)
- There are various triangles of the neck, largely divided by the sternocleidomastoid muscle to form anterior and posterior triangles. Some triangles are more 'important' that others, and this simpli...
Imaging Case of the Week 155 Answer
- The frontal thoracolumbar x-ray shows a horizontal lucency through the vertebral body and pedicles of the T11 vertebra. There is a subtle reduction in the height of the vertebra.
Imaging Case of the Week 159
- The following frontal chest x-ray is from a 65 year old with chronic dyspnoea. Which cardiac chamber enlargement can be observed?
Immune System Flowchart
- This has been designed to show how the different components of the immune system develop individually and work together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this an...
How to Approach Medical and Surgical Finals
ANS Drugs - Mind Map