New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Weight loss surgery 'cures half of type-2 diabetes cases' - BBC News
Weight loss surgery cures half of patients with type-2 diabetes, for at least five years, a study suggests.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
UK sees rise in weight-loss surgery - BBC News
- More patients are having weight-loss surgery, according to new figures from the National Bariatric Surgery Registry.
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...
Scientists call for stop to 'one-size-fits-all' weight loss plans - BBC News
- Doctors need to move beyond 'one-size-fits-all' approach to tackling obesity, say scientists in Sheffield.
Call for cosmetic surgery 'cooling off' period - BBC News
- Doctors who carry out cosmetic procedures should allow patients a ''cooling off" period before going ahead with treatment.
Bionic eye implant world first - BBC News
- Surgeons in Manchester have performed the world's first bionic eye implant in a patient with the most common cause of sight loss in the developed world.