New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Smoking Following a Cancer Diagnosis: Should Patients Quit?
Oncology clinical nurse specialist Deborah Boyle wants to know if patients should quit smoking after a cancer diagnosis.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Medical Doctor - Mater Dei Hospital
Posted almost 5 years ago
Median survival of cancer patients has risen from one to 10 years over past 40 years
- Half of patients who are given a diagnosis of cancer today will survive at least 10 years, whereas only a quarter would have done so 40 years ago, show figures published today by Cancer Research UK.
Bacteriology Map: Cocci, Bacili and Spiral
- An incredible diagram on bacteriology. Remember a lot of hard details quickly and easily!
Psychosocial smoking cessation interventions help patients with heart attacks to quit. | Cochrane
- Smoking is a risk factor for heart attacks and stopping smoking is recommended for patients after a heart attack. Psychosocial smoking cessation interventions like counseling can help such patients...
- The “Arterial Schematic” represents the intricate three-dimensional human arterial system in a highly simplified two-dimensional design reminiscent of the London Underground Map. Each “line” repres...
Immune System Flowchart
- This has been designed to show how the different components of the immune system develop individually and work together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this an...
ANS Drugs - Mind Map
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...
How to Study
- Because of the snail's pace that education has developed at, most of us don't really know how to study because we've been told lectures and reading thousands of pages is the best way to go, and no ...