New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
The Wide-Ranging Role of the Microbiome
What goes in your stomach can influence countless disorders, from cancer to asthma. Dr David Johnson surveys the latest data underlining the ever-increasing importance of a low-fat, high-fiber diet.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Isolated Hunter-Gatherers Have Most Diverse Microbiome
- The microbiomes from an isolated Amerindian hunter-gatherer group shows evidence of antibiotic-resistance genes, despite no known exposure to synthetic antibiotics.
Choosing a Specialty
- Remember when you were doing uni applications, and had to deal with the same handful of questions from people you bumped into…
Microbiome May Predict Colon Cancer Tumor Mutational Status
- The characterization of the microbiome of a tumor can be used to predict the presence of a specific mutation, new research shows.
The Gut Microbiome's Role in NAFLD
- Dr David Johnson surveys the emerging connection between the gut's microbiota and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, from the most important pathways to the initial data on therapeutic applications.
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...
Bacteriology Map: Cocci, Bacili and Spiral
- An incredible diagram on bacteriology. Remember a lot of hard details quickly and easily!
Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases
- A clear illustration of immunodeficiency disorders.