New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Managing Depression in Primary Care: A Step-by-Step Guide
Dr Stephen Strakowski outlines the elements of the assessment, treatment, and follow-up of patients treated for depression by primary care providers.
Help by adding tags...
Integrated primary care for patients with mental and physical multimorbidity: cluster randomised controlled trial of collaborative care for patients with depression comorbid with diabetes or cardiovascular disease
- Objective To test the effectiveness of an integrated collaborative care model for people with depression and long term physical conditions.
Anatomy of the upper respiratory system
- Illustration of the nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, pharynx, larynx, trachea and esophagus.
Primary Care and Diabetes: What's New in 2015
- Endocrinology experts guide primary care docs on managing patients with diabetes.
Antidepressant Washout Safe in Resistant Depression
- Taking patients with treatment-resistant depression off antidepressant medication for a period in order to initiate a new antidepressant agent appears to be safe.
Psychological Treatments for Depression in Primary Care
- A variety of psychological interventions to treat depressive disorders have been developed for use in primary care. Are some approaches more effective than others?
The Collaborative Care Model for Depression in Primary Care
- Despite incentives and intensive training and support, this Collaborative Care program in 75 primary care clinics failed to demonstrate improved outcomes for depression.
Antidiabetic Agent May Ease Chronic Depression
- Adjunctive treatment with an antidiabetic agent that increases insulin sensitivity may improve symptoms of chronic depression in nondiabetic patients.