New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Modified Atkins Diet Limits Seizures in Refractory Epilepsy
A ketogenic diet, a modified version of the Atkins diet, has been used to help control epilepsy in children. It now has shown efficacy in adults with drug-refractory disease, a study shows.
Help by adding tags...
How to manage the first seizure in an adult
- Stream How to manage the first seizure in an adult by BMJ talk medicine from desktop or your mobile device
Immunology principles mindmap
- A mindmap of some key principles of immunology I made for revision purposes. Nothing too complicated (hopefully)!
Deuterated sigma-1 agonist showed anti-seizure activity in traumatic brain injury models
- Research results published in the Journal of Neurotrauma and conducted by the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) as part of a collaboration with Concert Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
New AAN/AES Guideline on First Unprovoked Seizure in Adults
- Experts recommend clinicians approach patients on an individualized basis in terms of whether to treat with an antiepileptic drug following a first unprovoked seizure.
Immune System Flowchart
- This has been designed to show how the different components of the immune system develop individually and work together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this an...
Nephritic vs Nephrotic Glomerular Diseases
The Clotting Cascade Diagram
- An image of both the intrinsic and extrinsic pathways of the clotting cascade including the interactions between the two and other finer details.