New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Pegpleranib Promising as Macular Degeneration Pretreatment
Pretreatment with the anti-PDGF pegpleranib increases the effectiveness of anti-VEGF therapy, according to a small pilot study,
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
New potential treatment for age-related macular degeneration offers hope to patients as phase III trials begin in Bristol, UK
- Patients in Bristol suffering from geographic atrophy can now enroll in the phase III clinical program for lampalizumab, a drug being investigated for this form of age-related macular...
How to Approach Medical and Surgical Finals
Stem cell injection may soon reverse vision loss due to age-related macular degeneration
- An injection of stem cells into the eye may soon slow or reverse the effects of early-stage age-related macular degeneration, according to new research from scientists at Cedars-Sinai.
Allow NHS doctors to prescribe cheap, safe and effective sight loss drug, says The BMJ
- NHS doctors should be allowed to prescribe a cheap, safe and effective drug for the degenerative eye disease, wet age related macular degeneration (AMD) - a leading cause of blindness among...
Squalamine Boosts Anti-VEGF Effect in Macular Degeneration
- The addition of squalamine lactate to ranibizumab did not reduce the number of injections in patients with neovascular age-related macular degeneration, but it did improve visual acuity.
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...
- Classifications of antibiotics - a useful summary. The Table is no way complete. Kindly Ignore Spelling mistakes Checkout mynotes4usmle.tumblr.com for more