New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Guiding Fluid Therapy in High-Risk Thoracic Surgery
In 2009 the institutional guidelines changed for perioperative fluid therapy in patients undergoing extrapleural pneumonectomy. This study assesses the consequences of those changes.
Help by adding tags...
Prognostic capabilities of coronary computed tomographic angiography before non-cardiac surgery: prospective cohort study
- Objectives To determine if coronary computed tomographic angiography enhances prediction of perioperative risk in patients before non-cardiac surgery and to assess the preoperative coronary anatomy...
- Spectrum of antimicrobials
Beta-blockers at Noncardiac Surgery Up CV Risk in Lower-Risk Cohort
- Patients taking them for uncomplicated hypertension who stay on them during surgery have worse 30-day outcomes, says a Danish national cohort study; the authors say their results are likely general...
Fluid Management: Buffered Crystalloid No Benefit vs Saline
- Among patients in the ICU receiving crystalloid fluid therapy, use of a buffered crystalloid compared with saline did not reduce the risk for acute kidney injury in a randomized trial.
- The “Arterial Schematic” represents the intricate three-dimensional human arterial system in a highly simplified two-dimensional design reminiscent of the London Underground Map. Each “line” repres...
How to Approach Medical and Surgical Finals
How to Study
- Because of the snail's pace that education has developed at, most of us don't really know how to study because we've been told lectures and reading thousands of pages is the best way to go, and no ...