New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Edible Glycerin Uses, Benefits, Safety, Side Effects
Glycerin (glycerine, glycerol) is a sugar alcohol (a carbohydrate) used as a food additive. Glycerin syrup is used as a sweetener.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Posted over 4 years ago
Glycerine (glycerol) - Does anybody know to which nutrient group it belongs? Fat, sugar? It's actually a sugar alcohol, but it has 4 Cal/g like most sugars. I would like to know what is its glycemic index.
Cranial Nerves - Anatomy, Clinical Signs and Study Tips
- This is a teaching resource that aids the student in memorisation of the Cranial Nerves, their anatomical path and function. Additionally, it stimulates a clinical approach to the functions of t...
Choosing a Specialty
- Remember when you were doing uni applications, and had to deal with the same handful of questions from people you bumped into…
How to Approach Medical and Surgical Finals
Foramina of the Skull (Visual mnemonic)
- The skull has numerous holes (foramina) through which various cranial nerves, arteries, veins and other structures pass. To aid learning of these important foramina, I have created this visual mnem...
Triangles of the Neck (Visual mnemonic)
- There are various triangles of the neck, largely divided by the sternocleidomastoid muscle to form anterior and posterior triangles. Some triangles are more 'important' that others, and this simpli...
Bacteria Mind Map
How to Study
- Because of the snail's pace that education has developed at, most of us don't really know how to study because we've been told lectures and reading thousands of pages is the best way to go, and no ...
Immunology principles mindmap
- A mindmap of some key principles of immunology I made for revision purposes. Nothing too complicated (hopefully)!