New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Dietary Supplement Concerns: Counsel, Don't Scold
Dr Cooper-DeHoff explains the risks of adulteration and drug-supplement interactions, and advises physicians to counsel rather than scold patients on their use of botanicals.
Help by adding tags...
Management of a deteriorating airway
- A video teaching the management of an at risk airway in an unwell patient, based on a simulated scenario; highlighting important teaching points.
Triangles of the Neck (Visual mnemonic)
- There are various triangles of the neck, largely divided by the sternocleidomastoid muscle to form anterior and posterior triangles. Some triangles are more 'important' that others, and this simpli...
Many herbal products sold as food supplements don’t contain key ingredients
- A BBC investigation has found that some herbal remedies sold as food supplements do not contain the main ingredient as marketed.
Trial Questions Staged Chronic-Occlusion PCI After Primary PCI
- It's "feasible and safe" and might even raise LVEF, but only in selected patients, says a small first-of-its-kind randomized trial. But its signals of risk led some observers to question its safety.
How to Approach Medical and Surgical Finals
- A concise mindmap detailing everything you really need to know about antibiotic action!