New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
New Autism Genes Discovered
A new study paints a more detailed picture of genetic risk in ASD and sheds light on sex differences in diagnosis.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
'Master regulator' gene - long tied to autism disorders - stimulates other genes in early brain development
- Chemical modifications to DNA's packaging - known as epigenetic changes - can activate or repress genes involved in autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) and early brain development, according to a...
- The “Arterial Schematic” represents the intricate three-dimensional human arterial system in a highly simplified two-dimensional design reminiscent of the London Underground Map. Each “line” repres...
Genes May Leave Short People Prone to Heart Disease - MedicineNet
- Short people may be more likely to have heart disease, and that increased risk could be linked to the genetics that also determine height, a British-led research team suggests.
Genes May Leave Short People Prone to Heart Disease
- Researchers suggest a link between stature and cardiovascular risk
MI-GENES: Disclosing Genetic Risk for CHD May Lower LDL-C Levels
- "This is reaching toward the holy grail of cardiology" of how to better estimate risks to prevent cardiac events, said the researchers. "We're moving toward a very personalized disease assessment."
Immunology principles mindmap
- A mindmap of some key principles of immunology I made for revision purposes. Nothing too complicated (hopefully)!
Endocrine System Chart
- Useful chart explaining glands and hormones!