New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Ovary Removal Doesn't Cut CVD Risk in Women With Diabetes
A study suggests that hyperandrogenemia doesn't explain why women with type 2 diabetes are at greater cardiovascular disease risk than women without diabetes or men.
Help by adding tags...
Shotgun Histology Ovary
- Shotgun Histology Ovary
Triangles of the Neck (Visual mnemonic)
- There are various triangles of the neck, largely divided by the sternocleidomastoid muscle to form anterior and posterior triangles. Some triangles are more 'important' that others, and this simpli...
Married women have lower risk of dying from heart disease than single women, says UK study
- Women who are married or living with a partner have a similar risk of developing ischaemic heart disease to unmarried women but a substantially lower risk of dying from it, data from the Million Wo...
Surgeon who removed ovary by mistake is allowed to continue practising
- A registrar who removed a healthy ovary from a pregnant woman with appendicitis instead of her appendix has been allowed to continue practising, after a Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service panel...
Foramina of the Skull (Visual mnemonic)
- The skull has numerous holes (foramina) through which various cranial nerves, arteries, veins and other structures pass. To aid learning of these important foramina, I have created this visual mnem...
Anatomy of the upper respiratory system
- Illustration of the nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, pharynx, larynx, trachea and esophagus.