New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Acupuncture Shows Promise in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
Laser acupuncture can reduce morphine therapy duration and hospital stay in babies with neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS), according to results of a randomized controlled trial.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Lasers in Medicine - The Naked Scientists
- Naked Scientists - 10th Jul 2010 - Lasers in Medicine
Immune System Flowchart
- When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent...
Neonatal abstinence syndrome increasing 'due to opioid overprescription'
- One of the first studies to investigate associations between neonatal abstinence syndrome and legal prescription of opioids calls for policy changes to combat opioid 'epidemic.'
Study finds acupuncture is 'not beneficial for knee pain'
- Neither needle nor laser acupuncture is superior to a placebo ('sham' acupuncture) for treating knee pain, according to a new study.
Exposure to prescription opioid analgesics in utero and risk of neonatal abstinence syndrome: population based cohort study
- Objective To provide absolute and relative risk estimates of neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS) based on duration and timing of prescription opioid use during pregnancy in the presence or absence o...
Foramina of the Skull (Visual mnemonic)
- The skull has numerous holes (foramina) through which various cranial nerves, arteries, veins and other structures pass. To aid learning of these important foramina, I have created this visual mnem...
Anatomy of the upper respiratory system
- Illustration of the nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, pharynx, larynx, trachea and esophagus.