New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Nasal Mucosa Graft to Deliver Drugs Through Blood-Brain Barrier |
As is well known, the blood-brain barrier is a strict checkpoint that prevents variety of drugs from reaching the brain. At the Massachusetts Eye and Ear/H
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Punctum: Eyelid Anatomy
- The punctum (puncta) are tiny holes located in the eyelids near the bridge of the nose. Excess tears drain through the punctum, down the canalicular system into the lacrimal sac, then down into the...
How to Approach Medical and Surgical Finals
Upper Respiratory Tract Infections
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infections These account for up to 80% of all RTI’s in children. They can involve the ears, nose, throat and sinuses. They are rarely serious and will not often require hosp...
Should a patient be concerned if they can easily blow air out of their eye if they hold their nose?
- Has anyone else seen this? Could it lead to a greater risk of infection?
Rhinix Nasal Filter Stops Seasonal Allergies at Nose's Door |
- While drugs exist for those suffering from seasonal allergies, perhaps it's best to avoid pollen altogether. Researchers at the Aarhus University in Denmar
Heart-lung transplant man marks 30 years - BBC News
- A London man celebrates 30 years since his heart-lung transplant - thought to be the longest anyone has survived after the procedure.
Blood-Brain Barrier Safely Breached
- Doctors have been able to safely penetrate the blood-brain barrier and deliver a chemotherapy drug directly into the brain of a woman with glioblastoma.