New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Bone Drill with Ability to Turn for Inner Ear Tumor Removals |
Accessing tumors within the inner ear typically requires the removal of large sections of the mastoid bone to make sure fragile nearby vessels and nerves a
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Microscopic Structure of Bones
- Learn about microscopic structure of bone with respect to the Haversian System, also known as osteons. Visit us (http://www.khanacademy.org/science/healthcar...
- The “Arterial Schematic” represents the intricate three-dimensional human arterial system in a highly simplified two-dimensional design reminiscent of the London Underground Map. Each “line” repres...
Development and Maintenance of Bone
Cancer induced bone pain
- Cancer induced bone pain is a common problem, which can be extremely debilitating to patients with an already limited life expectancy
Key mechanism identified in pediatric bone cancers that allows proliferation of tumor-forming stem cells
- A particular molecular pathway permits stem cells in pediatric bone cancers to grow rapidly and aggressively, according to researchers at NYU Langone Medical Center and its Laura and Isaac...
Bone drug may help prevent breast cancer deaths - BBC News
- A drug commonly used to strengthen bones could help prevent deaths from breast cancer, according to a new study.
Innovative Model Improves Care for Patients With Bone Mets
- A new model that partners radiation oncology with palliative care led to better results for patients with advanced cancer and bone metastases.