New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Experimental genetic therapy 'miracle' saves baby with leukaemia - BBC News
Doctors at Great Ormond Street Hospital have carried out a revolutionary gene therapy treatment for the first time on a baby diagnosed with leukaemia.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Trial leukaemia drug 'saved my life' - BBC News
- A grandfather with leukaemia, who was given just two years to live, is in remission after taking a new trial drug.
Blood groups and Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn
- A poster detailing Rhesus and ABO blood systems, and a brief outline of Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn.
Ashya King 'not receiving chemotherapy' - BBC News
- The hospital in Prague which treated Ashya King, the young boy recovering from a brain tumour, confirms he has received no chemotherapy - an important part of his original treatment plan.
Gene therapy: 'Tame HIV' used to cure disease - BBC News
- The lives of six boys with a deadly genetic disease have been transformed by a pioneering treatment to correct errors in their DNA, say doctors.
IBM's Watson supercomputer to speed up cancer care - BBC News
- Cancer treatment in 14 hospitals in the US and Canada will now be helped by IBM's Watson "cognitive computing" system.
Sue Lloyd-Roberts finds stem-cell donor for leukaemia treatment - BBC News
- BBC journalist Sue Lloyd-Roberts, who has an aggressive form of leukaemia, says she has found a stem-cell donor following a public appeal.
Sue Lloyd Roberts cancer diary: I've had wonderful news - BBC News
- Journalist Sue Lloyd-Roberts, who has an aggressive form of leukaemia, tells her video diary that she has found a stem cell donor.