New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Belly Fat Linked to Gestational Diabetes Risk
Women in their first trimester who have high levels of abdominal fat are at increased risk for diabetes later in pregnancy, a new study suggests.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Lifestyle changes or metformin reduce type 2 diabetes risk in women with gestational diabetes, US study shows
- Women with gestational diabetes have an increased risk of type 2 diabetes for years after giving birth, but intensive lifestyle changes or metformin therapy reduce this risk by more than a third, a...
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...
Maternal gestational diabetes linked to autism risk for offspring
- A new study suggests that exposure to gestational diabetes while in utero could increase the risk of developing autism spectrum disorder for children.
Study finds gestational diabetes associated with greater risk of autism in children
- Children whose mothers developed gestational diabetes by the 26th week of pregnancy were at increased risk of developing autism later in life, according to a new Kaiser Permanente study...
Gestational Diabetes Before 26 Weeks May Raise Autism Risk
- This observational study found that exposure to high levels of in utero glucose in early pregnancy was associated with a greater risk for autism syndrome disorder.
Air Pollution and Risk of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus
- Does exposure to air pollution during pregnancy increase the risk of gestational diabetes?
Gestational Diabetes: Ultrasounds Overestimate LGA Risk
- Ultrasounds for women with gestational diabetes overestimate the risk for large-for-gestational-age infants and, regardless of the infant's actual weight, increase the odds of cesarean delivery.